emtb.pl

When are the Nevegals comming?

I've been abusing the neo on the front of my LT2 for just under a year now. It is a perfect all around tire. But it - obviuosly - sucks a tad in the sticky mud.
    So when are the Nevs going to be around?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    My guess is they're not.

Look at the economy. Everybody is cutting back in manufacturing. Right now staying on the safe side and only producing what sales is in their mindset.

Like the saying goes, " You can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first".

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5

maybe soon...

Krolik,

I spoke with the boys at Kenda on Monday; they say the tires have finally gone into production and will be shipping soon.

Cheers,

KP
    “Those that say it can’t be done should get out of the way of those doing it.”

Pacenti Cycle Design

emtb.pl
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Pacenti
    Krolik,

I spoke with the boys at Kenda on Monday; they say the tires have finally gone into production and will be shipping soon.

Cheers,

KP
    Wow, thanks Kirk - any info on the size?

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Quote Originally Posted by krolik
    But it - obviuosly - sucks a tad in the sticky mud.
    krolik,

I'm not sure I understand the statement above. I haven't had any trouble with these tires in the mud. I am not aware of anyone else having problems in mud with the Neo-Moto either...

As for the Nevegals, they will be released in a 2.3" and 2.1" version.

Cheers,

KP
    “Those that say it can’t be done should get out of the way of those doing it.”

Pacenti Cycle Design

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hey Kirk, thanks for the positive info!

Krolik,

Cheers,

KP

mtbr member
    More tire options, tons of rim options - this is getting better and better!

emtb.pl
    krolik,

I'm not sure I understand the statement above. I haven't had any trouble with these tires in the mud. I am not aware of anyone else having problems in mud with the Neo-Moto either...

As for the Nevegals, they will be released in a 2.3" and 2.1" version.

Cheers,

KP
    Hmm. As you know I have nothing but best experience with the neo, both running as tubeless and tubed. All spring/summer/autumn I've been squeezing the most I can from that tire and I love it - it will be very hard for schwalbe or kenda to compete with it.
    Nevertheless, I find it to be insufficient in my current conditions. I normally use NobbyNics 2.4 on the front for the most of the year and 2.35 Nevegals for winter (Ice spiker if it snows or in icy conditions)
    Neo lacks grip in sticky, cold mud compared to what I know about Nevegals.
    It is a very predictable tire on the dry hardpack and on rocks, you can - to some extand - forsee what is going to happen with your front wheel well before it happens.
    It is a little unpredictable to my taste in the mud, more unpredictable than i find 2.35 Nevs to be. Same with wet rock - it is easilly rideble but - again to my taste - the rubber is a bit too hard to give that tiny bit of grip my NobbyNics give in such conditions.
    Nevertheless it is a PERFECT most-year tire and a very long lasting one too. And very predictable in dry/semi dry conditions.
    But it is not possible to build a tire that will be perfect in all conditions. You know that and neo is a very, very good compromise.
    It is all very personal and relays on what you compare to. I use different tires in different times of year because conditions where I live demand me to do so. I used neo for almost 10months with great success in very different conditions and thought they will have to be swapped to sth else way earlier.
    I will buy a 2.3 Nev650b and would never consider the 2.1 which also gives you a picture of what I am used to:P

emtb.pl
    ops, double decker removed:P

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by krolik
    It is a little unpredictable to my taste in the mud, more unpredictable than i find 2.35 Nevs to be.
    I've felt the same recently but unsure how much of that was due to the wear on the tire. I'm thinking a brand new set would probably fair much better.

emtb.pl
    Quote Originally Posted by lanceh
    I've felt the same recently but unsure how much of that was due to the wear on the tire. I'm thinking a brand new set would probably fair much better.
    Good point. I have a brand new neo comming in a week (for next season) so it might be helpfull.