squish, squish in da fish

when is enough, enough?

ok so i've been looking at 650 frames. i know 650 is the hype now-a-days and ppl are gunna try to bank on that, but i just came across a frame that just set me off. its lynsky's pro650 fs140 im talking about that made me blow up. it's blatant bend you over no lube rape. what really justifies $3600 for a effin' frame? cuz really its not the retarded helix dt that makes me nut. i know it can't be me thats the only one sick of this ****. i've been saving up for a ibis hdr and then i saw lynskey's add and lost it.

just got back from a wedding so....
    Last edited by fishwrinkle; 11-04-2013 at 04:33 AM.

mtbr member
    Enough of what? If you don't like the price of the Lynsky bike, look elsewhere. If you're on a budget, don't be lusting at boutique bicycle fabricators...

Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwrinkle View Post

just got back from a wedding so....
    And how much money was blown in a single day for a lame party with bland cake that you couldn't eat until you watched two people walk down an aisle and say a few lines?

Bet you it was more than the Lynsky.

As others have said, it's a boutique titanium frame. Those are immediately more expensive.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    They also make a MT650 that starts at $1678. What was your point again?

lol sorry for the drunk post early this morning. i didn't realize at the time i was looking at a ti frame. i truly don't really remember posting

Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwrinkle View Post
    lol sorry for the drunk post early this morning. i didn't realize at the time i was looking at a ti frame. i truly don't really remember posting
    Let me google that for you

dwt
    mtbr member

when is enough, enough?

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAL View Post
    And how much money was blown in a single day for a lame party with bland cake that you couldn't eat until you watched two people walk down an aisle and say a few lines?

Bet you it was more than the Lynsky.

As others have said, it's a boutique titanium frame. Those are immediately more expensive.
    And given the statistics, the couple is likely to split up before you and the Lynskey do. So next time blow off the wedding and buy the frame.
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I just hope you don't elaborate on this "start slingin sacks again". What you do in the privacy of your home and home trails...

mtbr member
    The last time I was drunk, posting on MTBR really wasn't on the radar...

But to stay on point with your post, I agree, it's crazy. Not so much that I don't appreciate the craftsmanship, but that there are much better - IMHO - options out there, from a performance standpoint. FS and Ti do not make a lot of sense.

mtbr member
    I was intrerested in that frame myself, until I weighed it, if memory serves (and it can be foggy these days) that frame was about 7.75 lbs or within 2 oz of the Foes F 275. Except of the corrosion resistance of Ti the resilliance is overkill on a 6" frame IMO.

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Meh, sub-par suspension design.
    Last edited by PHeller; 11-04-2013 at 05:15 AM.
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrider View Post
    I was intrerested in that frame myself, until I weighed it, if memory serves (and it can be foggy these days) that frame was about 7.75 lbs or within 2 oz of the Foes F 275. Except of the corrosion resistance of Ti the resilliance is overkill on a 6" frame IMO.

That's with the rear shock? Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAL View Post
    wow. i get drunk like twice a year and you call me an alcoholic? google the AA definition of alcoholic & i'm sure the majority of this site fits the bill, including your holy self.

mtbr member
    This isn't the OC, but you did set yourself up for that one and was most likely done in jest.
    I wonder the same thing about the cost of such frames, but as long as there is someone with money to burn there will be a frame builder/designer who will happily make the greatest thing yet known to man to hold 2 wheels with the most exotic materials imaginable. The question posed concerning the cost of the hobby, that you surely love and further hope to continue to roll with the pack or ahead of them with a new purchase, need not show the frustration you may have about the prohibitive cost of continuing the pursuit of the wind in your hair as you pedal into the sunset. Buy what you can and ride the beejeezus out of it. Doing so will keep you firmly entrenched in realizing your goal to be a badass biker. One need not have the best or most expensive to be the brightest, fastest dirt kickin SOB on 2 self propelled wheels of fury. Now go get some, even if you're riding that huffy from years gone by.
    No fuss with the MUSS

mtbr member
    Didn't we address drinking and posting earlier?