mtbr member

Whats narrower,quasi moto 2.0 or..

The new rocket ron 2.1 27.5
    deciding to buy 2.1 rr for the rear after realizing the quasi flexes too much rubbing the frame.pretty narrow back there.

NedwannaB
    Narrow back thare? On what and what clearances we talking here? The Quasi's arent too much smaller then the 2.1 Neo's(I have both and surprised myself actually...), so I can't see the 2.1 RR being that much smaller then the 2.25.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    shwalbe tires run narrower than other companys.my racing ralph 2.25 is same as renagades 2.0 or 2.1? anyways, my rocket r. 26r 2.1 is really narrow. more like a 1.9 !
    its on an 05 sworks ht. using quasi 2.0 and it rubs when i stand/climb on chainstays or when i angle bike tight into bowl type turns.
    that rocket r. in a 2.1 intersets me.not sure though.
    Last edited by zippy895; 11-04-2012 at 07:17 PM.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Schwalbe tires depend on the generation, the first generation ones which were dumped on the NA market to drum up interest in the brand with the green background lettering in the model labels ran narrow, all the second generation or later tires run to size, if not wider than claimed. A Quasimoto truly is a 2.0 width tire. I doubt the 2.1 RoRo will be less than 2.1 width.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

NedwannaB

Rephrase

Quote Originally Posted by zippy895 View Post
    shwalbe tires run narrower than other companys.my racing ralph 2.25 is same as renagades 2.0 or 2.1? anyways, my rocket r. 26r 2.1 is really narrow. more like a 1.9 !
    its on an 05 sworks ht. using quasi 2.0 and it rubs when i stand/climb on chainstays or when i angle bike tight into bowl type turns.
    that rocket r. in a 2.1 intersets me.not sure though.
    I ment to say surprised if the RR 2.1 would be smaller then the Neo 2.1/Quasi 2.0.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    What tire would be noticeably smaller than a RR 2.25?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    If you really need smaller, maybe the Rumpkin...

Fatty Rumpkin 650B x 41 (Kevlar) tire - 10086