dhd
    Ride Junkie
    Aug 2004

What forks can be used for DH with 650b?

Help! I know that there are forks that will be available June/July but I need something now. Any info appreciated

~~~~~~~~
    No info, just opinion, might as well wait since we won't see tires until about the same time, hopefully. It may turn out that if you want to be first with 27.5 DH fork and tires you will have to buy a complete bike, which appears to be the case with the HRII/Bronson. Worth waiting for the adjusted offset of the 27.5 specific forks also.

74 & 29 pilot
    Fox 40 works great. Plenty of room; More than the 36. Look in the 26 conversion sticky thread at top of page to see my Session 88 with Fox 40 650b.

Or you could search and find this thread: http://forums.mtbr.com/650b-27-5/650...l#post10234050
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

mtbr member
    And where are you guys going tire-wise? I don't see availability for DHF Exo 650 tires. And that's what I want. That's what I ran last year and it's a great tire as we all know.

I haven't checked but the Manitou fork should be out soon, yeah? I just checked the Manitou price list for MY13 and I don't see the 650 part number so I'm guessing it's just the 26. Not sure. There's a 29 part number.

Let us know what you figure out. I'm building up a Tracer 275 for park riding...

mk
    trailwerkssuspension.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck View Post
    No info, just opinion, might as well wait since we won't see tires until about the same time, hopefully. It may turn out that if you want to be first with 27.5 DH fork and tires you will have to buy a complete bike, which appears to be the case with the HRII/Bronson. Worth waiting for the adjusted offset of the 27.5 specific forks also.
    Where did you here about the HR2 availability?

Quote Originally Posted by trailbildr View Post
    And where are you guys going tire-wise? I don't see availability for DHF Exo 650 tires. And that's what I want. That's what I ran last year and it's a great tire as we all know.I haven't checked but the Manitou fork should be out soon, yeah? I just checked the Manitou price list for MY13 and I don't see the 650 part number so I'm guessing it's just the 26. Not sure. There's a 29 part number.Let us know what you figure out. I'm building up a Tracer 275 for park riding...mk
    Cut HD's hook up much better than stock, though I need more ride time on them. They come w/ Super gravity sidewalls for better support

mtbr member
    I was looking at those HDs but have a moral problem with spending that much on tires. Silly, to be sure, but my moral standing will last until I end up buying them...

mk
    trailwerkssuspension.com

~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    Where did you here about the HR2 availability?
    I've just been monitoring bti and maxxis, and called maxxis once. Here's my take on it, listed as available in Feb. then listed as available in June and now not listed at all. Call to Maxxis said April, watch the e-store. Sure enough they showed up in the e-store in April but when you add to the basket it says out of stock. Only e-store tire is single compound, nowhere does it say what that single compound is, and the price lower than I expected (oem's?), no 2 ply on e-store yet, and no DHF planned that I'm aware of. DHR II 27.5 and DHF 29 though. Hoping that someone gets some better availability info from Sea Otter. I couldn't find on the SC site what the Bronson comes with for tires but the photos are all HRII.

So at this point I am a little irritated because I know I'm missing out on tires that will help me ride more aggressively, the HD's are just not as confidence inspiring, definitely considering a trim job, share photos or link if can. I've also got some anxiety about getting back on my dh bike, haven't touched it since I got my burner, and I haven't taken the burner down my dh trails as they happened to incur some storm damage same time I got the new bike.

Now, I can contribute to this post by saying the HD does fit my 08 boxxer but clearance is tight, and this is probably true for most all 26" dh forks chassis.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    whatever...