mtbr member

Velocity p35 650b 2.25 racing ralph SC Nickel

Can't seem to find this combo to know if there is side clearance between the stays on a Nickel. P35s really blow the tires up.

Experiences anyone? I might just try it and be the first to post if it works! Nickel does have good size stay room.
    Last edited by thickfog; 12-24-2012 at 07:40 AM.

mtbr member
    I'm running Flow EX's on my nickel with RaRa's and it works great, would the P35 cause the tire to stand taller or be wider than the Flow's?
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by madsedan View Post
    I'm running Flow EX's on my nickel with RaRa's and it works great, would the P35 cause the tire to stand taller or be wider than the Flow's?
    I think wider and even maybe shorter as the rim is so wide. How much clearance do you have with that combo?

mtbr member
    I run 1x10 so I have no front der to worry about but I have plenty of room, I'll check and maybe take a picture when I get home if the elves don't hijack me as soon as I walk in the door today.
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by madsedan View Post
    Both. I can compare NN 2.25 on Flow and on P35 and it is both taller and wider on the P35. The difference is several millimeters (i.e. enough to screw up your fork clearance if you run it tight), I posted the numbers in one of the Nobby Nic threads.

mtbr member
    Btw. Got my nickel build up with p35s and racing ralph 2.25. Clearance is zero issue. Not even close to the front derailleur. No seat stay contact and not even close to the chain stays.