mtbr member

Vee Rubber Mission 650b x 2.1

Has anybody tried one of these yet? I'm curious about quality / performance, but also how the volume and tread height / width compare to the Neo Moto 2.1 & 2.3......

Anyone......
    Anyone?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Hey I have some of the mission 2.3s here, along with the fluids an flows,

I have pics of them side by side with a Neo. I'll find em.

Measurements are, on sun eq27 rim at 30psi

Mission 2.3, tread width - 56.5mm, casing width - 51.5mm, total height 704mm

Neo 2.3 , tread width - 59.2mm, casing width - 54mm, total height 700mm

I also have their "six 2.1" and the casing is tiny.

I'll get pic soon, am yet to get them on the trails
    Defcon Cycles - Brisbane Australia

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I bought a set of the missions. They are pretty skinny, with a low profile tread. My wheels are getting built so I haven't rode on them yet either.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I bought a set of the Vee Rubber 650b 2.1 Missions on ebay and mounted them to Velocity Blunt SL rims. They measured 27.2" in diameter and 1.9" wide w/ 40 psi pressure, measured from the highest/widest points on the tread. The tires weighed about 630 g.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stu44 View Post
    Hey I have some of the mission 2.3s here, along with the fluids an flows,

I have pics of them side by side with a Neo. I'll find em.

Measurements are, on sun eq27 rim at 30psi

Mission 2.3, tread width - 56.5mm, casing width - 51.5mm, total height 704mm

Neo 2.3 , tread width - 59.2mm, casing width - 54mm, total height 700mm

I also have their "six 2.1" and the casing is tiny.

I'll get pic soon, am yet to get them on the trails

Hey Stu, thanks for the post! Your numbers are puzzling to me. I just measured my Neo 2.1, which has the same casing as the 2.3 but shorter lugs, and the total height or diameter is 702mm... and this tire is worn nearly bald. I'm sure it's stretched some over time, but I'm still puzzled how your 2.3 would be measuring smaller than my 2.1, and also how a Mission could have such a small casing but a bigger total height than a Neo 2.3 when it's lugs appear to be so short.
    Maybe the lugs on the Mission 2.3 are deeper than what I'm seeing in pictures online? I've got a 2.3 Neo at home that I'll measure too.
    Anyway, I'm not doubting your tape measure skills, and your numbers give me hope that the 2.3 Mission may be another option for my clearance challenged Mojo... something just seems out of whack.... maybe it's my brain

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    What rim do you have the tyres mounted on Bacon?

These measurement were taken with the tyres on sun EQ27.

The missions, and all Vee Tyres do seem to have a taller more rounded profile I have seen.

I'll get these pics up very shortly for you

mtbr member
    Yeah, good point. Mine are on a Flow, so a little wider internal dim, right? That could explain it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Hey Bacon,

heres the pics of mission 2.3 right next to a Neo 2.3

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Mr Bacon, note that Stu's Missions are the 2.3. The Mission 2.1 that you mentioned in your first post is a bit smaller than the Neo's.

Just a flesh wound

Well?

How do they ride? Are they fast, grippy, slow, slippery, noisy, harsh, etc..? The Neos are my favorite tire, though I can only compare them to 26" tires.

Get out and ride them. We expect a report promptly!
    My name is Chris and I ride a Prophet 650b with a Lefty.

mtbr member
    I'm no tire expert, but have used the 650b 2.1 Mission and was pleasantly suprised with its performance so far.
    Fitted the purpose of their purchase for reasons of -
    (1) Smaller profile to fit my FS GT bikes rear, which was rubbing with a 2.25 Ra Ra.
    (2) Price - good value at around $35 each.
    (3) Availability.
    Reasonably close to specified weight.
    They roll very nice both off and on road.
    They mounted easily on my Pacenti CL25 rims (used with tubes - as I change tires frequently - playing round with different bike setups).
    Gripped well on variety of off road surfaces (similar performance in sand as Ra Ras), even when used on front.
    Reasonably fast, not noisy, not harsh.
    Obviously, different experiences would be evident on different bikes, with different setups, different profiles, tubeless, tire pressures etc.

Just a flesh wound
    Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like a pretty good tire. I am running 2.3 Neos and am very happy. But you need a backup plan when tires are cooked and inventory isn't cooperating.

I'd be curious to know how they do in the rocks, roots, mud and occasional slime that we get here in New England.

Stu, nice pics! It looks taller than the Neo.
    My name is Chris and I ride a Prophet 650b with a Lefty.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    What 27.5 tire has the lowest profile/gives the best clearance?

banned
    Sep 2012
    lowest profile and best clearance has to be the Vee Rubber Mission 2.1 check them out at My650b.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Not really objective, but my 2.1s seem to roll much, much better than the Nevegals they replaced.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Quasi-Moto 2.0 unless the Vee Rubber is claimed bigger than it really is.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Rolling on 650b
    I've been running a 2.3 Mission on the front of my converted Rush for a about two months now. I'm extremely impressed with the tire! It's gotten me through many different trails surprisingly well. Most of my riding through June and July this year were on wet, rocky trails, and the Mission has shown an incredible amount of grip. I'm running a Nevegal 2.1 in the rear, and previously had a Nevegal 2.1 on the front. The Mission has outperformed the Nev as a front tire for me. Rolls way faster, and has tracked better. Most of my riding was lower speed, technical stuff (Plantation trail, WV - American Standard, PA and the like), but I've had a few occasions to ride some faster, loamy stuff and it's worked there as well.