Thread: Vassago?

ride more
    Mar 2007

Vassago?

Anyone hear anything about their 650b fully?

nothing relevant to say
    waiting for a fork.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    They're waiting for a fork?

ride more
    Mar 2007
    really? who from?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wyatt79m
    really? who from?
    Probably anyone actually.

White Brothers is the only company that "officially" has a 650b specific suspension fork for sale.

Others fit but nobody else has one available that is 650b specific right now.

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    Probably anyone actually.

White Brothers is the only company that "officially" has a 650b specific suspension fork for sale.

Others fit but nobody else has one available that is 650b specific right now.
    X-Fusion has given their official AOK for the Velvet to be used as a 650B fork. Whether or not they will market it that way is yet to be seen.

Cheers,

KP
    “Those that say it can’t be done should get out of the way of those doing it.”

Pacenti Cycle Design

ride more
    Mar 2007
    are they decent forks? I have never seen one?

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Quote Originally Posted by wyatt79m
    are they decent forks? I have never seen one?
    I think so. Especially when you consider the cost to performance ratio. I think they ride better than some forks costing more than 2x as much!

Cheers,

KP

Pacenti Cycle Design

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    The only problem with the Velvet is that if it fails, that crown will come down hard into the tire = major endo. I don't know the likelihood of that happening; but it's possible.

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Quote Originally Posted by Uphiller1
    The only problem with the Velvet is that if it fails, that crown will come down hard into the tire = major endo. I don't know the likelihood of that happening; but it's possible.
    Your right... the crown comes to rest squarely on the tire if all the air is let out of the fork. That being said, X-Fusion must feel confident that there is little or no risk of this happening or they wouldn't have given it the AOK. ??

Cheers,

KP

Pacenti Cycle Design

Witty McWitterson
    something terrible and/or catastrophic can happen to anything or anyone at anytime.

Besides, the crown coming down on the tire won't immediately endo you. Its not like putting a pump in your spokes for gods sake.
    Just a regular guy.

nothing relevant to say
    I am personally trying to come up with something to keep this from happening. I have 2 Velvets, and one is not being used, while so, I am attempting to make or use ready made bottom out bumpers to keep this from being a problem.

mtbr member

good news or bad?

I see the Rapscallion has completely disappeared from Vassago's home page. Either they've pulled the teaser in preparation for real poduct info, or they've delayed production 'til a major fork maker produces a dedicated 650b fork, or for some other reason we're not aware of...

Anyone know the inside scoop?

mtbr member
    Could be the economy. So much cutting and whatnot going on all over the place. It just hit home here where I work today. Time for a lot of belt tightening all over the US and I suspect the world right now.