Maromero

Turner Flux Ver. 3.0

The Flux is back on Turner's webpage!
    Turner Bikes - Turner Bikes - Turner Flux Frame

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Huh, doesn´t the high estimated Interweb-Community find the Flux ugly, because of Aluminum-Made instead of Must-Have-Carbon? Plus this oldskool elevated Chainstays, back from the 80´s, while for Example the SC Heckler is so Newskool 90´s? And what the Hell has Mr. Turner driven to bend Top-Tubes? WTF?

I personally like this new Flux very much and would rate it over an Alu-Solo any Day, but I´m already well served more towards the "Trail-Category".

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    No XS. Sorry, wifey : (

mtbr member
    That's gonna be a fun sled

jfb
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

First ride impression

Hello,
    I am a biker from Belgium (sorry if my english translation is not that good ). I have just received my new 27.5 Flux. It is my third Flux after a 2005 HL model & a 2009 DWL model.

I opted for components which are a compromise between solidity and lightnesse: Fox 120 FIT CTD, ZTR Arch Ex wheels with Hope Pro II hubs & 2.1 Schwalbe Rocket Ron TLR tires, Sram (3x9) X0 transmission, Race face Next peripherals and Shimano XT brakes. The weight oft he build bike is 11.7 kgs (25.8 lb).

After my first ride, a single word occurs to me: IN-CRE-DI-BLE ! This new Flux is far beyond the (both) previous models that I owned. I didn’t thought it would be possible and nevertheless Turner did it…

First of all, this new Flux is more stiffer, nervous and fast than the former ones. It has a better pedaling response too: while riding in the uphill sections (in the wood but also on the roads) I said to myself: waow, DT just created the first bike with electric assistance wich works without any electric assistance.

In the downhill, this Flux marries the best of the 2005 model (the stability) and the 2009 model (wich was very nimble). Its lenghtened wheelbase, its 27.5 wheels and its 120 mm suspensions make it a better descender.
    And the wheels of 27.5 are, according to me, a perfect compromise between the 26 and 29ers.

In brief, Turner did not simply put wheels of 27.5 on the former Flux, but he took advantage of this change of size of wheels to improve completly the functioning of the bike.

As a fan of its brand my judgment is probably subjective, but for me DT is definitively brilliant. I really did not think that such a result was possible.
    Here are a few pictures of the bike.

Turner Flux Ver. 3.0-sam_0563.jpg

Turner Flux Ver. 3.0-sam_0567.jpg

Turner Flux Ver. 3.0-sam_0583.jpg

mtbr member
    Nice review and good looking bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Sweet ride! Love the color, that is probably going to be my next ride. I still own and am riding a 08 five spot that only requires a shot of grease every now and then. I am really loving the Turner quality and durability, great bikes!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    jfb, thanks for the info. I'm glad you like your new Flux. The comparison between older Fluxes and newer is interesting to me, as I am wanting to update my wife's 2007 HL Flux. No XS size in the lineup...I think (by the numbers) a small will work for her, so I'm glad to see another positive review. Cheers...

jfb
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Hi,
    Honestly, this 27.5 Flux gets the best that the two previous models had to offer + a really incredible pedaling efficiency. Sure you're wife would be very Happy with such a frame.

Maromero
    What size is your Flux, jfb?

jfb
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Hi doccoraje, I forgot to mention it, but it's a L frame.