Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    dam never had nipples pull through like that. what type of rime is that. good to hear you are liking it. seems like burner is what i want just have to sell a few things first.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1soulrider View Post
    Looks like Iím off the Burner for a while. The one thing I donít like about the 27.5 wheels is that I donít have any spares. Or enough tires to choose from.
    I told you 650B is no good!

At this point, do you think the DB is worth the cost difference? BTW, just go with a good carbon wheelset, and life will be better.

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniorphil View Post
    dam never had nipples pull through like that. what type of rime is that. good to hear you are liking it. seems like burner is what i want just have to sell a few things first.
    The Burner is good; the Chinese carbon rims, not so much.

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    I told you 650B is no good!

At this point, do you think the DB is worth the cost difference? BTW, just go with a good carbon wheelset, and life will be better.
    It is too early to say much about the DBA vs the stock Fox ctd. The Fox ctd was the best fox air shock I have ridden to date, it felt so much better than the RP23s of years past. I don't know how much of that is due to getting the tune right for the frame, or maybe the new eyelet bushing system that greatly reduces binding at the mount points, but the shock felt pretty damn good.
    I only have two rides on The DBA and am early in the dialing it in phase of our relationship. That said, I really like it so far. I look forward to getting it tuned just right and I will share the settings with everyone.

About the wheels - yep enve in my future here.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Awesome Turner

mtbr member
    Wow, bummer

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by gmats View Post
    Wow, bummer
    Honestly I knew I was taking a chance on the hoops but wanted to check them out anyway. LB says they will replace the rim and that they are beefing up the spoke bed on the 27.5 hoops to prevent this from happening in the future.
    We will see.
    I am a bit concerned about the undamaged front hoop and will ask if they will replace it with the updated design as well. I'd hate to rip the rim off the spokes in a hard corner or on an off camber landing...

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveF View Post
    Do you guys have the new Fox CTD rear shock on your Burners? That's what I believe is coming on mine--the stock option. Do you ever engage the platform "T" setting, or the locked "C" setting? From what I've read about DW link bikes, lockout and platform valving aren't really necessary for pedaling efficiency.

Thanks!
    Only use C when I'm riding on the road to and from the trails, only use T when I'm pushing on on mellow terrain. Off road I just leave it in D and let the shock and suspension take care of things.
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement View Post
    Only use C when I'm riding on the road to and from the trails, only use T when I'm pushing on on mellow terrain. Off road I just leave it in D and let the shock and suspension take care of things.
    Thanks for the good word! I've read that DW is less dependent on platform valving for pedaling efficiency so I'm looking forward to trying it with the various settings...doubt I'll ever use the C setting though the T setting might be useful on some sections/trails.

Committed
    This has been my experince as well.

Committed
    Here is a quick video I tossed together of Burner riding. I had expected to have a lot more footage to edit from but then the wheel failure happened. Still it isn't too bad, it may be almost watchable even.

Burner Ridin from 1soulrider on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Sorry if I missed it, but can you comment on the CCDB air on this frame vs stock?

I like my CCDB coil on my DHR and would consider the air for the burner.
    Originally posted by bucksaw87
    I still fail to see how mustaches, fixies, and PBR are ironic.

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Sorry if I missed it, but can you comment on the CCDB air on this frame vs stock?

I like my CCDB coil on my DHR and would consider the air for the burner.
    I just don't have enough ride time on the CCDBA to make an informed comparison. I only had two rides on the shock before my rear wheel failed. First impressions are a big thumbs up though.

Committed
    The Spot has been getting a good bit of ride time while I sort my wheel issues. It has been good to get back on 26" wheels for a while, I was having trouble talking myself into riding it as much as I should with the Burner ready to go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Turner Burner, AM 27.5-view-spot.jpg  

Turner Burner, AM 27.5-ss-spot.jpg  

Committed
    New rear hoop at my door yesterday after work. May be back on the Burner real soon, the Spot has been treating me well but I look forward to riding the Burner again.
    Looking forward to dialing in the CCDBA, barely got any time in on it before wheel issues.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Turner Burner, AM 27.5-new-hoop.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Subscribe

Thanks for the current detailed feedback, guys.

Mike

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by She&I View Post
    Subscribe

Thanks for the current detailed feedback, guys.

Mike
    That's why I am posting this thread, lots of questions out there. Feel free to ask whatever you like about the bike/wheels...

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 1soulrider View Post
    ...Feel free to ask whatever you like about the bike/wheels...
    Thanks for keeping the R in MTBR, 1sr.

Cost aside, what would be the ultimate wheelset for the Burner? I recently had built a 29er with Enve AM hoops, and I'm really impressed with the performance. They feel something like my 650b Flows, only smoother. I'm thinking Enve XC on a Burner to shave a little weight, but am seeking a trail-centric setup (1x10 or 11). Never owned a 34mm fork, but am entertaining that also.

TIA!

mtbr member
    Dunno about "ultimate," but mine will get White Industry hubs laced to Pacenti TL-28 rims by my local shop's wheelbuilder...

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by She&I View Post
    Thanks for keeping the R in MTBR, 1sr.

Cost aside, what would be the ultimate wheelset for the Burner? I recently had built a 29er with Enve AM hoops, and I'm really impressed with the performance. They feel something like my 650b Flows, only smoother. I'm thinking Enve XC on a Burner to shave a little weight, but am seeking a trail-centric setup (1x10 or 11). Never owned a 34mm fork, but am entertaining that also.

TIA!
    Depending on your terrain and intended useage I would recomend a enve am wheelset with the Fox 34. Any less would be under gunning the frame IMO. I am looking forward to getting ahold of a 275 Lyric sometime soon, the Burner deserves it.

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Why the move away from the 34?
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I have a 650b Loop I could use, but I can see a 34 being the nazz.

Committed
    The 34 is a good fork. However, after riding my Spot with the Lyric up front back to back with the Burner/Fox combo.... the Lyric comes out on top for me. It has a more robust feel on the trail, and although the latest Fox stuff is a big improvment over past years, I perfer the feel of the Solo DH cart to the CTD.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I am looking forward to getting ahold of a 275 Lyric sometime soon
    Haven't heard about this possibility of a dedicated 275 Lyric although the std. 26" Lyric does fit some 650 tires. Have you heard something is coming?
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    Haven't heard about this possibility of a dedicated 275 Lyric although the std. 26" Lyric does fit some 650 tires. Have you heard something is coming?
    Yup.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast