mtbr member

Thank You to a Guy on a 650

Don't know if the guy on a 650 Jamis Dragon from Lincoln, NE is on the site, but regardless I wanted to say thanks for stopping and checking to make sure I was okay after my crash. It was great to see my first 650 bike and talk with you for a few minutes. Mountain bikers are some of the most generous people out there especially out on the trails.

Thanks again for stopping. Maybe my next n+1 bike will be a 650 as yours was pretty sweet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Awesome story.

mtbr member
    I want to hear more about the crash. But seriously glad your ok.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LTC
    Yeti 575
    Troy Lee Designs
    Airpark Bikes

mtbr member
    I love the MTBing community. I was stopped changing a tube the other day and a older gentleman stopped as I was pumping away on my small frame pump, he offered to give me a cartrige, I politley declined and since I was about done and then he asked what trails I would be riding to he could "watch out" for me if I had anymore bike trouble, super nice guy. Not only is this an awesome hobby but the other people partaking in it are awesome too. Sorry for the mini jack, its just the mtb community is awesome.

mtbr member
    I was riding with a friend from the site for the Global Fat Bike Day on Saturday and I figured I could make the creek crossing and get up the ravine as I've gotten better over the summer. I kept chickening out but in honor of the day, I was determined to do it.

I planned my speed, my bailout point on the left as the rocks in the creek appeared to be safer to land on and headed down the ravine. I made it over the rocky bridge section and started up the hill but didn't get the speed right and I stalled out. In putting my foot down, I lost my balance and fell down the hill into the creek.

My friend was at the top of the ravine and she came down making sure I was okay. I sat up out of the water, burst out laughing and while I was cleaning up from the mud, the guy shows up from the top of the ravine, heads down and asks if we were okay. Once he realized everything was good, I recognized his bike as it was one I'd considered but couldn't afford at the time and we started talking tire sizes.

He told me how to stop with the brakes uphill whenever I stalled out so I wouldn't fall backward again and he took off. It's too easy to panic when sliding backwards and use your feet as brakes, instead of using the actual brakes. Stupid simple, but I'd panicked first.

Of course he made it across the creek and up the hill with ease and we headed back to the car to change into dry clothes and kept riding. At least I guessed correctly on my bail out point with the softer rocks to land on as I'm not beat up as much as I thought I would be. May have to see a dentist tomorrow about my tooth though.

It was just great that he stopped, talked bike stuff and got a quick lesson for hills. I figured if he was on the site, this is where'd he be.

mtbr member
    Ok, so, you and your girlfriend were out riding. You took a tumble (glad your ok) and are now dirty and wet. Girlfriend joins you to make sure you're fine. Now you post here to thank a guy stopped to ask if you're ok. I think you just made his day more than he made yours .

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Slid down into the creek! Where's the GoPro when you need it!