mtbr member
    Apr 2012

suntour 650b option for "customer loyalty" program

In case you are not familiar with the hot-mess that is the "suntour customer loyalty" thread...

They have deals for people who own their garbage intro forks...

But now they have one of their higher/mid grade lines available as a 650b option for the upgrade.

Here is the fork. The price via the program is $390. I don't know if that is good or bad. (It is hard to see from the blurry screen shot, but the 4th option says 27.5")
    suntour 650b option for "customer loyalty" program-2013-09-06-20-29-12.jpg

Wrench
    In anticipation for the Suntour hate...

Yeah, SR Suntour is crap. Who'd ever ride that?

I think it's a great marketing strategy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    whoa... a little defensive? I don't even know if they make 650b bikes with garbage intro level forks... but if they do, this might be a way to get into an upgrade.

Wrench
    They've got a cheaper fork on the KHS I test rode. But that's all I've seen. I'm sure it was functional enough. I'd rock it!

SR Suntour is a name that people remember from when they first decide to lay down $400 or so on an entry level bike. When I used to tell people in the shop that SR Suntour actually made some fantastic components, I'd get the stinkeye.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The Giant 27.5 Talon and Tempts under $1000 have them. I have been asking if the program was going to be extended to 27.5s. I've had two customers take advantage of the program now. One upgraded his '13 Talon 29er. Looked badass, and I was amazed at how well it rode. I would put those forks up against a comparable Rock Shox or Fox any day.I think the fork mentioned is a redesigned one. I was talking to the rep about it for a 26" customer. It is simply a better fork than the previous year's fork and the price hike reflects that. I think retail is in the $600-$700 range. The Customer upgrade program is a serious savings. However, it comes at the cost of proper margins for the shop and and SR. Margins are so low this year on the lower end $200 (in program money) forks our customers are interested in we may have to charge shipping. We're also forced to charge for a fork install when we have a lifetime service guarantee (read: free labor).