TNC
    noMAD man

Sun Equalizer/Charger

Anyone know of a supplier who sells the 650B Charger front wheel with Equalizer rim as a wholesaler to shops...other than Hayes? QBP seems to carry every Equalizer rim except the 650B.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    It's been a few months but I don't think they sell a complete wheel. We carry and have ordered the 650b equalizer a couple times. I would build a set personally, the rims are about 505g and fairly high quality. Not super light but definitely a good rim. They do not play tubeless that well though...

TNC
    noMAD man
    Not a good tubeless candidate? What was the issue there, diesel? The Blunt's failing was being too small in diameter. What did you observe with the Equalizer?

Reviewer/Tester
    The new Blunts are ok as ghetto tubeless, I haven't had a single 'burp' from mine...and i've been trying...

R.
    It is inevitable ...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Well I should have been more careful about saying that as I'm tubeless issue prone, mostly related to being a clyde. Never really had a set work great except some 29er flows that have done everything tubeless just great, the only setup I've ever had that happen with.

RE Equalizers, I ran the Stan's Rim strips in mine and had some trouble getting them to seat well tubeless, more than usual. The strips were well designed and made good contact. A couple layers of tape might have helped though, but they did burp often. Like anything, it can be done and pretty well but takes some time and patience. I've given up on tubeless and couldn't be more happier and I actually like the performance a little more. My only complaint are pinch flats and goat heads here and there but such is life.

If anyone want some rims strips I have Stans ones (basically brand new) for the Equalizer, and some brand new strips for the 355's. Super cheap if wanted...