Doesntplaywellwithmorons!

Sticky this... before asking if it fits model X, MEASURE it... you want 14 inches...

from the axle center to the whatever part of the structure the tire is going to strike first... be it chainstay, seatstay, or bridge between them, or fork brace. If you're measuring a suspension fork/frame, add the wheel travel into the calculation with the 14" to make sure there's crown clearance.

A lot simpler to pickup a tape measure than constantly post up questions of "will it fit this bike or that fork" and waiting for an answer, since everybody seems to lazy to use the damn search functions.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    So what your saying is, if I have 14" from my rear drops to any frame part on the rear I can fit any 650b wheel and tire combo? Or just the smallest wheel/tire combo?

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJones View Post
    So what your saying is, if I have 14" from my rear drops to any frame part on the rear I can fit any 650b wheel and tire combo? Or just the smallest wheel/tire combo?
    Measured from the axle center, a couple of the currently largest 650b tires might not clear a 26 inch frame with 14 inch radial clearance.

The width of stay clearance can be a problem too, especially in the chain stay section near the front derailleur where some stays are narrow to clear the der cage and already tight clearance with larger 26 inch tires.

I never said "ANY" tire/rim combination of 650B setup did I ? I don't recall saying that. But with the "nominal" size being 27.5, half that is 13.75, which gives a quarter inch clearance for leaves/dirt on the tire.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    DeeEight not calling you out just asking for a little more clarification. Thanks for your reply.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    This info does need a sticky....

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Just wanted to add to this info to use a little common sense, like if you have a fork like a fox 32 float that is commonly known to have adequate clearance for a common say pacenti neomoto 2.3, but to be on the just barely-to just makes contact at full no-air compression with say a commonly known slightly larger nevegal 2.3, then of course it isn't going to be able to fit a new-fangled 2.4 or larger....

For that matter, if you know that in the actual fox manuals it gives the maximum tire diameter of all the 26er 32 models to date as 27.0" and the 36/40 models as 27.3", and the average for 650B is 27.5", and even assuming that Fox allowed "some" mud space extra, you will find lots of 650B tires which lead to tires smacking crowns.