mtbr member

SR Suntour Auron

Hi All,

We recently just had our European offices open a new location and they gave a quick presentation of the new Rux and Auron. It's not often that people get to see our forks internals so I though it would be cool to share.

Cheers, Nick

SR Suntour Auron 2014: 160er Enduro-Gabel für 27,5"-Bikes [Vorstellung] - MTB-News.de
    SR Suntour warranty/technical advisor

What?
    You should post this in the suspension forum.

I dont know German, but I have a few thoughts on the damper design, based on pictures.

Compression damper looks like a very good design, with quality materials. Same basic design as Manitou's ABS+ damper, or Rock Shox Mission Control. Looks to be user tuneable and the HSC adjustment looks like a more efficient design then used by other dampers. I'm impressed.

Rebound damper on the other hand looks very basic. From the pictures, it appears to have no high speed rebound circuit which is a little surprising to me based on the great design of the compression damper. Pretty big performance difference between a a port orifice design and a port orifice with shimmed blow off. Maybe I just missed it in the pictures, but I would hope the at least the Rux includes this feature.

Overall, I am impressed with the progress that Suntour has made in the last few years. Some good products are available and parts availability seems to be getting better. Switching from grease in the lowers to a semibath design in mid to high level forks is the last step IMO.

Good job Suntour, keep up the good work

mtbr member
    Surely it has a hsr stack. That would be a monster fail. It may just be recessed down in the piston much like the new RS mid valve (dig valve).
    SR Suntour Auron-s780_bt_20130419_untitled_shoot_062.jpg

What?
    There is no close up picture of the rebound piston. I have followed a thread on the Durolux closely and there is no HSR in the Durolux RC2 Im afraid it was overlooked.

Marzocchi hasn't used a HSR circuit in a fork as of 2013 product line. Not sure if they finally did in the 2014 stuff. I cant grasp the fact that high end products skip this step

Hopefully I am wrong and Suntour did, it would be one of the last pieces to the puzzle for Suntour to be a legit contender for aftermarket sales.

mtbr member
    wow!

San Miguel Beer Drinker
    Apr 2009

SR Suntour Auron

Cant wait to get hold of the rc2. Hopefully prices will be nice like durolux

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Hi there.

The price on the Auron is about the same as the Durolux. $699.99. The are in stock and ship the following business day from our North American facility in Vancouver, WA.

cheers. Nick. 855-205-BIKE
    SR Suntour warranty/technical advisor

San Miguel Beer Drinker
    Apr 2009

SR Suntour Auron

Thanks for the reply! Im in the Philippines though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk