mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Spokes for custom wheel, aerolite vs revolution

Hello,

I am deciding about spokes. I have decided that they will be DT Swiss spokes, but I don't know if Aerolite or Revolution. The weight is important and budget is also important. Revolution seems to be the best decision. So I will explain.

For Lefty front I need 274 and 275 mm to do a 3 cross wheel (maybe a 2 cross should be enough for front wheel... I will think about it).

For Novatec rear hub I need 274 and 275 mm also. I am thinking on using in non drive side Revolution and in drive side competition. Also I want to change color in valve zone, so I need to buy black spokes and four white/red spokes.... so Where could I find 275mm spokes ?

Thank you!

mtbr member

May be tough finding odd length spokes. Most shops stock in 2mm increments because that's fine enough. You can round up or down depending on the calculated length. In builds that calculate out like this one with a 1 mm increment you can usually get away with using one length all around.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by doismellbacon View Post
    May be tough finding odd length spokes. Most shops stock in 2mm increments because that's fine enough. You can round up or down depending on the calculated length. In builds that calculate out like this one with a 1 mm increment you can usually get away with using one length all around.
    +1 ^

I'd just go with 274's all the way around

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

Quote Originally Posted by doismellbacon View Post
    Depends on the unrounded lenghts. You can usually go +/-1.5mm from the precise length.
    Also needed to be sure the rim and hub data is correct by measuring them yourself.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common