Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,497

    Suntour to have 7 650b forks!

    Interesting article here about Suntour having 7 650b fork models.

    SR Suntour Axon Werx Carbon fork and Prototype 650B fork | Mountain Bike Review

    I have always avoided Suntours like the plague, but it could be they make some nice stuff and just get a bad rap because of their low end stuff.
    Last edited by ljsmith; 10-03-2012 at 05:53 AM.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

  2. #2
    just some guy
    Reputation: talabardio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith View Post
    Interesting article here about Suntour having 7 650b fork models.

    SR Suntour Axon Werx Carbon fork and Prototype 650B fork | Mountain Bike Review

    I have always avoided Suntours like the plague, but it could be they make some nice stuff and just get a bad rap because of their low end stuff.
    Their new stuff is pretty damned nice is what I've heard.

  3. #3
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,148
    Definitely improved. There is even an add with Brett Tippie riding one of Suntour's forks in the new Bike mag.
    If you hurt in your efforts and suffer painful dings. Then you are doing it right.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OneEyedHito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    292
    FWIW, They have Marzocchi stickers on them, saw them in person at Interbike and it looks like they are coming off the same lines (in one way or another) as the recent few years Zoke stuff.....

    Hito

  5. #5
    Wrench
    Reputation: FNFAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedHito View Post
    FWIW, They have Marzocchi stickers on them, saw them in person at Interbike and it looks like they are coming off the same lines (in one way or another) as the recent few years Zoke stuff.....

    Hito
    Make sense, since Marzocchi is owned by Suntour.

    Suntour makes some great higher-end stuff. It rivals XX and XTR. The BH racing team uses Suntour, I believe.

    They may have just as many world cup wins as Shimano and Sram, but don't quote me. Gotta check that. Sram and DT Swiss got a few wins this year with Nino!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OneEyedHito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    292
    Cool, so is this inaccurate?!
    Tenneco Marzocchi Suspension

    http://www.tenneco.com/

    I though the Suspension Brain-trusts left Tenneco and started DVO but didn't know that Suntour owned them......can't find a direct correlation...

    DVO Suspension - Birth Of A Brand - Pinkbike

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OneEyedHito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAL View Post
    Make sense, since Marzocchi is owned by Suntour.

    Suntour makes some great higher-end stuff. It rivals XX and XTR. The BH racing team uses Suntour, I believe.

    They may have just as many world cup wins as Shimano and Sram, but don't quote me. Gotta check that. Sram and DT Swiss got a few wins this year with Nino!
    Maybe this is what you have confused:

    "SR Suntour will be manufacturing DVO's products."
    From Here:
    Sneak Peek: First Glimpse of DVO's Suspension Fork - Features - Vital MTB

  8. #8
    Wrench
    Reputation: FNFAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedHito View Post
    Maybe this is what you have confused:

    "SR Suntour will be manufacturing DVO's products."
    From Here:
    Sneak Peek: First Glimpse of DVO's Suspension Fork - Features - Vital MTB
    You're right, it seems that Tenneco owned Marzzochi and had Suntour build their products for a little while. Seems to have been some hands-switching recently.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OneEyedHito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAL View Post
    You're right, it seems that Tenneco owned Marzzochi and had Suntour build their products for a little while. Seems to have been some hands-switching recently.
    to the original post and your point, the Suntour stuff looked bang on at interbike!!!!

  10. #10
    Wrench
    Reputation: FNFAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedHito View Post
    to the original post and your point, the Suntour stuff looked bang on at interbike!!!!
    Julie Bresset doesn't have a problem with them


  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SRvancouver13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    138
    Hi All,

    Currently we will only be offering the Axon Werx for 2013 but will also have a late 2013 Epicon in this wheel size as well for aftermarket as the lower casting is still being tweaked. Pictures of it were on Bikerumor.com and it was featured at Eurobike.

    As noted in the OP we will be manufacturing 7 total forks for 650B in 2014

    Thanks for all the nice words on our recent line of forks as we are very commited to making a great product that is affordable, easily serviced if necessary and offers great performance at the high end of the market.

    Best, Nick
    SR Suntour warranty/technical advisor

  12. #12
    just some guy
    Reputation: talabardio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by SRvancouver13 View Post
    Hi All,

    Currently we will only be offering the Axon Werx for 2013 but will also have a late 2013 Epicon in this wheel size as well for aftermarket as the lower casting is still being tweaked. Pictures of it were on Bikerumor.com and it was featured at Eurobike.

    As noted in the OP we will be manufacturing 7 total forks for 650B in 2014

    Thanks for all the nice words on our recent line of forks as we are very commited to making a great product that is affordable, easily serviced if necessary and offers great performance at the high end of the market.

    Best, Nick
    Hello Nick, if I understand correctly then, the Carbon Axon Werx for 650b will be released shortly? What will the travel be for this fork?

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SRvancouver13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    138
    Yes, it should be in stock (North America) very soon. The Axon is still our XC platform series so your looking at 80/100/120. This should work fine for what is primarily available now but as travel and design go longer or bigger it would be limited in my estimation.

    The Epicon will cover the AM segment as it does now with 100/120/140 travel.

    Best, Nick
    SR Suntour warranty/technical advisor

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,449
    hi nick, when will a 160 650b fork be available? will it have 20mm ta?

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAL View Post
    You're right, it seems that Tenneco owned Marzzochi and had Suntour build their products for a little while. Seems to have been some hands-switching recently.
    That is all accurate, Tenneco assumed Marzocchi's debt in 2008 (saving them basically). The first couple years of the acquisition were largely hands off by Tenneco (Marzocchi designed and Suntour manufactured) but that seems to have changed... No longer an insider so I don't know what happened but Tenneco can make everything inhouse save the castings that Marzocchi contracted out...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •