mtbr member

Sinister Ridge 650b??

Anyone confirm the Sinister Ridge is 650 b compatable in the rear???

Bog

mtbr member
    Rumor has it that it is - you might want to PM SuspectDevice to confirm though.

Eating Hot Pockets
    i see your frame up for sale in the crassifrieds..
    did you TRY the 650 wheel on the Ridge frame?

mtbr member

I mounted them...

I put the wheels in the frame and the setup just doesnt do it for me. The fork i have is a Fox 36 van at 160mm so with the bigger wheels and fork th bb height is just too high for what i will be riding. I am going to go with a dedicated 650b frame with a 12" bb height or so, i ride tighjt twisty single track, not too rough so i probably will go rigid even!!

Bog

mtbr member
    So, keep the frame, sell the fork? Makes more sense to me.

mtbr member

Working that angle as well

That is another option, i also have the fork for sale. If the fork sells i will try to find a pike or something to lower the front end a little.....

Bog

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    AGHH!

That was the frame I was gonna get from Bruce last week! Oh slings and arrows of horrible fate! Oh well, you snooze, you lose.

If you can wait, I highly recommend a Spooky Horror Taxi...I've got an aluminum version (well, sort of) made by Chris Herting for the New Spooky and it fits the neo motos just fine. I can't imagine the steel ones being any different.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hurf de durf
    AGHH!

That was the frame I was gonna get from Bruce last week! Oh slings and arrows of horrible fate! Oh well, you snooze, you lose.

If you can wait, I highly recommend a Spooky Horror Taxi...I've got an aluminum version (well, sort of) made by Chris Herting for the New Spooky and it fits the neo motos just fine. I can't imagine the steel ones being any different.

The world (and by that I mean me) demands pictures. BTW, don't go throwing a 36 on your bike. You'll probally die, and I'll probally laugh.

mtbr member
    So which AL spooky model sorta mirrors the Horror Taxi? And yeah like Mickey said - hit us with Pics!

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by hurf de durf
    AGHH!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    So which AL spooky model sorta mirrors the Horror Taxi? And yeah like Mickey said - hit us with Pics!

Mark

We've made a few small batches of Easton-tubed xc frames that have the 650b oriented geo.

It's what most of our racers are on, and most of our dealers e.p'd. Those were originally going to be the Darkside, but then we started development on the superlight 6061 frameset, and after spending a bunch of time riding them, I decided that even without the 650b wheels, the 6061 frame kicked too much ass not to be called the Darkside.

We've got the tubes and machine parts on hand to build a bunch of custom 7005 frames, but at this juncture, I'd rather just do the customs in steel, as there is "only" a half pound or so weight difference between the two, and we have many more steel tubes to choose from to make sure the rider gets just the right bike.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the scoop Mickey!