mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Shwalbe 2.2 & Neo-moto ?

I currently have 2.3 Neo-moto's and really don't need as much of an agressive tread pattern but find the volume ok (could even use a bit more). I'd like a tire w/ equal volume but a less agressive tread pattern how would the Shwalbe 2.2 compare volume wise ? Thanks

nothing relevant to say
    Quasi Moto? Same casing, less tread.
    Schwalbe has a smaller casing, but larger treads. You Win either way,.....mainly because you're on 650B.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The 2.1 Neo-Moto is supposed to have the same casing too, when it comes out. I bet it will be a nice tire.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Are you looking for a smooth, fast rolling wide tire? At the moment, a "demi-balloon" like the Grand Bois Hetres 42 seems to be the only one that fits the bill... until Schwalbe starts producing Big Apples in the 650b size. Wide, fat tires can roll quite fast. And they're good for nearly everything but deep mud. Good luck!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by NormanF
    Are you looking for a smooth, fast rolling wide tire? At the moment, a "demi-balloon" like the Grand Bois Hetres 42 seems to be the only one that fits the bill... until Schwalbe starts producing Big Apples in the 650b size. Wide, fat tires can roll quite fast. And they're good for nearly everything but deep mud. Good luck!
    Coming off Kenda Small Block 8's 26ers in the 2.35" size - Fast w/ a true large volume.