mtbr member
    Oct 2014

scott spark ultimate di2

Anyone know about this bike? Ridden it? Thoughts? Looks like a pretty sweet set up. Expensive though. I just love the di2 stuff on the road, and the idea of "one touch" shifting seems cool. Scott's have never been well rep'd where I live, so its a bit of an outlier company. They seem to also try some pretty wacky out there stuff. If I am going to pony up big $$$ the bike has to be legit.

Old Fart Swamper
    My Spark (760) cost me a tad over 1500 bucks before taking off my trade in.

It does all I want and does it well...

I cannot Imagine needing more,, Just sayin.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I can't imagine lying on the ground, watching my five figure bike cartwheel down the hill. I definitely put more focus on shifting with my road bike. But, that's because I have nothing else better to do as I'm sitting there turning the cranks over. Mountain bike? Meh. If it shifts after I mash the lever between rock gardens I'm good. It's frustrating enough to find your derailleur mounted on top of the chainstay 5 miles from the car. I'd like those events to be under $100.

mtbr member

just what the doctor ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by car_nut View Post
    I can't imagine lying on the ground, watching my five figure bike cartwheel down the hill. I definitely put more focus on shifting with my road bike. But, that's because I have nothing else better to do as I'm sitting there turning the cranks over. Mountain bike? Meh. If it shifts after I mash the lever between rock gardens I'm good. It's frustrating enough to find your derailleur mounted on top of the chainstay 5 miles from the car. I'd like those events to be under $100.
    This times 1000.
    Di2 is Shimano's answer to the question no MTBer ever asked.
    It checks all of the boxes the marketing dept requested.
    1) Gee whiz electronics to replace simple mechanics
    2) adds yet another tier of unabtainium crazy expensive parts.
    UGG boots will germinate Paris Hilton like intellect in your soles!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    It's bad enough when a $100-200 derailleur breaks on a rock or stick. I'm not sure how much the new one will cost, but the MSRP on the road one is around 600-700 I believe, so I'd expect similar. No thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    The Di2 Ultimate bike is everything you could want in a bike. I've ridden it and it is BAD ASS. If you can afford it I would say go for it.
    The Di XTR is super silent, quick and efficient. It mates with the electronic Fox lockouts superbly.
    Full bike weight set up tubless is just over 20lbs. And if it helps out of the big 3 manufacturers doing a Di2 bike it is the most "modestly priced." I believe Specialized is doing one at a price point of over 13K....for a heavier bike.
    I do like the 120mm on the Spark. More than enough for descents and the mid travel mode sets you up at 80mm? for ripping single track.
    You will not be disappointed with this bike.
    I think delivery will be mid November? So check your local dealer...
    Good luck and put some pictures out there when you get yours.....