Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Bike Shop Girl
    Apr 2004

Schwalbe Racing Ralphs Landed!

A pair of much intesipated Racing Ralphs landing on 650b.com door.
    Pictures can be found at 650b.com I hope to get some wet leave riding (that's all I got in Charlotte, NC right now) this coming week and will report back with tire mounting, riding and general feedback.
    Bike Shop Girl Empowering women in cycling

Eating Hot Pockets
    i love new stuff.

get those mounted and snapper some pix!

nothing relevant to say
    Arleigh, you'd better hurry. Mine are mounted and in a new frame. Pics soon.
    the race to report!

mtbr member
    Got mine today.

nothing relevant to say
    Hi-Jacked.
    My new 650B bike.
    Racing Ralphs en route to the trails!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked Headtube
    Hi-Jacked.
    My new 650B bike.
    Racing Ralphs en route to the trails!
    Sweet looking ride Cracked!!!!

mtbr member
    I've never actually ridden on a set of Ralphs before but my cuz has been raving about them for about a year now telling me I needed a set. And I just happen to have a second 650b frame in the design phase and will need another set of rubber once the frame arrives. But I'm really digging my Neos and plan to stick with them. However I look forward to reading your feedback on the ride quality of these tires. Looks like a nice tread pattern option in-between the Quasi and Neo.

PS: Arleigh, I'm located in Mint Hill... I wonder if we've ever crossed paths before out on the trail. I'll keep an eye out for another B on the trail.

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    What are the rims Micky?
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hud
    What are the rims Micky?
    The new American Classic 650b...and its CrackedHeatubes's bike, not Mickys...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    If these are half as good as the Neo, they will be a great addition to the 650 Revolution. I probably will not be in the market for a new tire for about a year. I only run 650 on the front.

People rave about Schwalbe, I cannot wait to hear what you guys think.

Brian

mtbr member
    Oh that Quisby looks great!!!! Well done Cracked Headtube, very well done!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I can't believe you guys bought them. It's friggin rediculus to ask that much for a bicycle tire and add shipping on top of that. Think about how much money you'ld be throwing away if you flatted your first ride out. You idiots buying them at that price are the reason most of us won't be able to get em. One, most can't afford them and two we aren't that stupid. They'll never come down on that price as long as someone keeps buying either. Schwalbe tires aren't that great, I've used them and wasn't impressed beyond some other manufactures tires. Kenda! where are you?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mofoki
    I can't believe you guys bought them. It's friggin rediculus to ask that much for a bicycle tire and add shipping on top of that. Think about how much money you'ld be throwing away if you flatted your first ride out. You idiots buying them at that price are the reason most of us won't be able to get em. One, most can't afford them and two we aren't that stupid. They'll never come down on that price as long as someone keeps buying either. Schwalbe tires aren't that great, I've used them and wasn't impressed beyond some other manufactures tires. Kenda! where are you?

You're welcome

mtbr member
    Wow - chill out.

1. I bet both Arleigh and Cracked Headtube got them because they are in the industry (or at least report on it)

2. Where did you even see a price listed for them?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Mark, Click through 650b and you can get linked to the Schwalbe site where you can order them online.

I'm sure they will be sold cheaper at online stores and through dealers but at about 76bucks each they are pricey.

TNC
    noMAD man

Lol!...

So, mofoki...did you get any spittle on the keyboard as you spewed out that post?

Hey...if Schwalbe aren't that great, then why are you getting in such a twit about the price?...LOL! You secretly lust after these tires, don't you?...c'mon...you can share with us.

Seriously though, they don't "look" like my type of tires either, but I might be interested in trying one on the rear. I too am waiting on a Nevegal, but don't dis' the folks trying out these tires. You might also consider that folks might be willing to spend a little more by jumping out there and getting these early since there aren't racks of 650B tires out there to buy. Coming on here and calling people idiots because of what they spend on tires is kind of silly. I've always heard that idiots don't need people to point them out, as they do an adequate job of pointing that out themselves.

Bike Shop Girl
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked Headtube
    Arleigh, you'd better hurry. Mine are mounted and in a new frame. Pics soon.
    the race to report!
    A race to report? Really Jeremy?
    Bike Shop Girl Empowering women in cycling

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Hola,The Racing Ralph's in the 26 x 2.2 size worked extremely well for me this past Summer in N.AZ, Utah, Colorado, South Dakota and a bit in New Mexico,,,,,conditions range from hard scrabble classic desert riding all the way to 10,000 ft high alpine conditions and everything in between, roots, rocks and durtness. They rolled fast, hooked up swell for such a small profile, are very lightweight, have tuff sidewalls and I did not experience a single flat. The rear tire is now about 1/2 life'd but it does have approx. 300 miles and is designed as a "race" only tire, especially at $75 retail! I'm sure the 650B version will be sweet also.

mtbr member
    I called Schwalbe directly earlier this week and ordered the RR in 27.5 x 2.25. I received them today.

75.85 x 2 151.70
    Discount -37.93
    Freight 6.50
    Total 120.27

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Does someone knows how big they are compared to the Quasis and Neos?

The Quasis should fit my Mojo in the rear. Would the Racing Ralf fit as well?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flafonta
    Does someone knows how big they are compared to the Quasis and Neos?

The Quasis should fit my Mojo in the rear. Would the Racing Ralf fit as well?
    Well the Neo is 2.3 the Quasi is 2.0 and the Ralph is 2.25.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    So, mofoki...did you get any spittle on the keyboard as you spewed out that post?

Hey...if Schwalbe aren't that great, then why are you getting in such a twit about the price?...LOL! You secretly lust after these tires, don't you?...c'mon...you can share with us.

Seriously though, they don't "look" like my type of tires either, but I might be interested in trying one on the rear. I too am waiting on a Nevegal, but don't dis' the folks trying out these tires. You might also consider that folks might be willing to spend a little more by jumping out there and getting these early since there aren't racks of 650B tires out there to buy. Coming on here and calling people idiots because of what they spend on tires is kind of silly. I've always heard that idiots don't need people to point them out, as they do an adequate job of pointing that out themselves.
    I can't understand why every time someone posts a heartfelt dislike for how the industry rapes us or opinion that doesn't praise the manufacturer the forumites feel the need to scold and make that person feel like they said something wrong. It's an opinion, that's all. We all have different ones. Since when is a bike tire worth more than $50 and that's steep in my opinion. I know the masses won't even spend that much on a tire. So why am I so out of line? I usually don't spend more than $50 on a tire but I did spend $55 on the QuasiMoto, and since it went up that's the last one I'll buy. So Schwalbe, keep your friggin tires. And if the price doesn't come down to an affordable level on 650b tires soon within the next year I will be done with 650b also and return to 26". So when people ask me how did you like the 650b wheel size I'll tell them it wasn't worth it. One less advocate for 650b insted of one more.

TNC
    noMAD man

Out of line?

I can't understand why every time someone posts a heartfelt dislike for how the industry rapes us or opinion that doesn't praise the manufacturer the forumites feel the need to scold and make that person feel like they said something wrong. It's an opinion, that's all. We all have different ones. Since when is a bike tire worth more than $50 and that's steep in my opinion. I know the masses won't even spend that much on a tire. So why am I so out of line? I usually don't spend more than $50 on a tire but I did spend $55 on the QuasiMoto, and since it went up that's the last one I'll buy. So Schwalbe, keep your friggin tires. And if the price doesn't come down to an affordable level on 650b tires soon within the next year I will be done with 650b also and return to 26". So when people ask me how did you like the 650b wheel size I'll tell them it wasn't worth it. One less advocate for 650b insted of one more.
    Well...maybe it's when you called people IDIOTS!

Look...you're entitled to your opinion just like anybody else on products, prices, etc. You're not entitled to go around calling people idiots for something as simple as buying a tire for more than you thought they ought to spend. Nobody made an obscene reference to your mama or kicked your dog. They made a statement about buying tires, and it was civil.

I don't know where you're from and don't really care, but most people take offense when you call them an idiot for such a mundane issue that is no personal attack on you. What's your problem? Nobody cares if you get any 650B tires or not. Oh the humanity...we've lost an advocate for 650B. Go ahead crybaby...tell everyone how bad 650B was and get yourself a set of these. They fit your personality.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    Well...maybe it's when you called people IDIOTS!

Look...you're entitled to your opinion just like anybody else on products, prices, etc. You're not entitled to go around calling people idiots for something as simple as buying a tire for more than you thought they ought to spend. Nobody made an obscene reference to your mama or kicked your dog. They made a statement about buying tires, and it was civil.

I don't know where you're from and don't really care, but most people take offense when you call them an idiot for such a mundane issue that is no personal attack on you. What's your problem? Nobody cares if you get any 650B tires or not. Oh the humanity...we've lost an advocate for 650B. Go ahead crybaby...tell everyone how bad 650B was and get yourself a set of these. They fit your personality.
    Point taken. I'll apologize for the name calling and just give an opinion. It's stupid to spend more than $50 on a " BICYCLE" tire. There. Is that better?

mtbr member
    It's stupid to spend more than $50 on a " BICYCLE" tire. There. Is that better?
    the troll killer apologizes for his long absence. the troll killer is just back to oz from a hunting trip in kiwi land. seems they have had a huge problem with trolls, orcs and goblins ever since they stopped filming the lord of the ring trilogy some years ago... they've set up a hunting safari of sorts to try to 'thin the heard' as it were. and yes, and before you ask, the troll killer bagged a couple big ones!

the troll killer finds your opinion strange. who's to say $50 is too much for a bicycle tire? the troll killer knows lot's of people (the masses?) who think $300 is way to much to spend on a bicycle "especially when you can get a perfectly good aluminum fs rig from wally world" according to some people. let alone $3,000 or even $6,000 as many of the top end carbo fs rigs are going for today.

the troll killer is willing to bet that mofoki has spent a lot more than $300 on his bike. should the masses (as you refer to them) call you an idiot too? where do you draw the line mofoki? $200 for running shoes? $600 for a cashmere sweater? $300,000 for a house? $500,000 for the troll killers ferrari?

the point is this is a hobby for most of us here, the troll killer included. there are a lot more expensive hobbies out there. the troll killer used to race vintage porsches... talk about expensive mate! but bicycles are pretty cheap even for the least wealthy among us...and as a pommie friend who's recently converted to 650b tyres likes to say "they are a bargain at twice the price!".

ps: the troll killer just visited 650b palace, it seems the quasi's are on sale. maybe the troll killer will have to stock up to lessen his idiocy?

Allah ya’tik al’afi,

tk
    Last edited by troll killer; 11-16-2008 at 08:12 AM.
    Keeping the 650B forum hater free ever since 2008!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast