mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Schwalbe HD and NN are Top Guns!

Mounted these beauties on my newly transformed 650b TRc and wow! HD front, NN rear, both 2.35. Mind you I don't have ride comparisons to other 650b tires but these tires simply hook up. Nice and squishy traction.

Just a rave review....
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    How does that 2.35 NN fit on the TRc? That's a pretty big volume tire, isn't it?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
    How does that 2.35 NN fit on the TRc? That's a pretty big volume tire, isn't it?
    What fork you running? I have a Fox 32 Talas and the HD only has about 3mm of clearance at the arch... Which would prolly mean a dry weather only. Patiently waiting for the 2.25 Hans Dampf to hit the market

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug67 View Post
    Patiently waiting for the 2.25 Hans Dampf to hit the market
    Same here.

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the No Ni 2.35 650B. I'm a Schwalbe fan boy for the last 10 years and have previously used No Ni 2.4 in 26", pre pacestar. With the new 2.35 size they have just downsized the tread to the smaller 2.25 size on the original 2.4" casing. That with the softer pacestar compound , they now lack the solid shoulder that the bigger blocks used to give. I presume when the HD came in they wanted to downgrade the No Ni capability. I've run back to back runs with No Ni 2.35 660B , neo 2.1 and 26" 2.4 Ro Ro and there's not much beween them in cornering traction. The 26" 2.35 HD, even in trailstar, is a big leap up in cornering traction.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Im running a XFusion Velvet with the travel shim installed, plenty of clearance with the HD. In the rear my TRc has four nylon washers installed in the RP23. I've got about 2-3mm clearance at the chainstay yoke.

I love these tires, gobs of traction.
    We Ride In God's Country!