mtbr member
    May 2009

New question here. Rocky mountain vertex 10?

I'm getting into a little more serious biking after a decade away from the sport. I am currently looking for the best XC hardtail bike I can get for $1000.CDN. (Approx. $800 USD). I have a chance right now to get a new 2007 Rocky Mountain Vertex 10 for $1000CDN out the door. About $500 off. Should I jump on this, or keep looking? Any advice or comments about this bike would be greatly appreciated.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Why are you asking in this forum? Shouldn't you ask in the rocky forum?! The 2007 frames won't fit a 650B either.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    May 2009

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Gotta love people that are tough behind their computer..

Well, I posted in this forum, and was going to post in a few other random forums. Any one but the rocky mountain forum. I want a fair and unbiased opinion on the bike, I probably wouldn't get that in the rocky one. Pretty simple. I have decided to buy the bike anyway based on the few reviews I could find. Now, I will visit the rocky mountain forum for tips, recommendations, etc. Thanks for the help you couldn't give me. It is better to stay quiet and appear a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    So then your posting in a few random forums instead of in the forum where the actual owners and experts of the brand are, was to remove all doubt that you're a fool, and one who doesn't understand the site's rules very well at that.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

sh*t disturber
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    So then your posting in a few random forums instead of in the forum where the actual owners and experts of the brand are, was to remove all doubt that you're a fool, and one who doesn't understand the site's rules very well at that.
    Yup, some things never change.

mtbr member
    May 2009

Idea!

Everybody that owns something, a certain brand, is usually biased and will always stick up for what they have, good or bad. Just thought I would try to make that even clearer, obviously I needed to. Comment back again and i'll try to explain it even better, in case you don't understand again. You'll catch on eventually. Maybe.