mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Which Rocky Mountain Altitude (730 vs 750 msl)

Hey folks, I posted this in the Rocky Mountain Forum already but I think it belongs here. On top of that I hope for more different opinions on that plus maybe different similar bikes that would fit my needs of an all mountaim/trail bike with enough travel and good uphill ability. @mods: If this kinda repost should be a problem just delete the thread, thanks.

Ro_bby said:
    Hello Community!

I'm a German being in El Paso, Texas for a year and since the mountains here a great for mtb riding I decided to get one. Was originally looking on the KHS 5500 2014 (local dealer made a nice offer) but it will come out spring next year and I don't want to wait that long.

So I started a long research and decided that the Rocky Mountain would be a nice option for me.

Sadly there is no local Rocky Mountain Dealer, so I have to order it online. Since I'm 6'3" with long legs and arms I would need a xl frame (or L if you tell me they come out bigger than usual and would fit me).

JensonUSA.com currently has 2 nice offers for the 750msl and the 730. I need your help to decide! Please tell me about your experiences with these bikes! I really like the fox suspension and the vario seat post in the 750msl. Carbon is really cool too but I heard that the weight difference is not too big and I wouldn't care about a few grams more it's not too much of a big deal. Is the roxshox suspension worse than the fox suspension (would you feel the difference). I always wanted to get fox suspension lol

Is the carbon 750 worth the extra $ in comparison to the 730?

Other important question : do you now better online stores to afford these bikes or a 750 aluminium my size (I think that's my favorite).

Thanks for your help folks,

Robert

Anytime. Anywhere.
    IMO the Revelation fork is not stiff enough for a bike in this class for someone who is large like you. I would go 750 and add a dropper post. I think that XL is probably best for you.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    IMO the Revelation fork is not stiff enough for a bike in this class for someone who is large like you. I would go 750 and add a dropper post. I think that XL is probably best for you.
    + 1

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I've ridden the 770 msl and I think you'd love it.
    The Truth will set you free.