mtbr member

Rock Shox Pike 650b specs

Anybody know axle to crown and offset numbers for this fork?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I need this info too

mtbr member
    May 2005
    X3.....really pisses me off they roll out a new fork and give us every GD piece of info but those #'s. Just a little bit important if your trying to decide on a new fork. I even asked on the RS Facebook page but no answer. No A-C measurement on the X-Fusion Sweep either although we know the offset is 46mm. Frustrating and I've got a new Spitfire frame that need a fork.
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    X3.....really pisses me off they roll out a new fork and give us every GD piece of info but those #'s. Just a little bit important if your trying to decide on a new fork. I even asked on the RS Facebook page but no answer. No A-C measurement on the X-Fusion Sweep either although we know the offset is 46mm. Frustrating and I've got a new Spitfire frame that need a fork.
    take it easy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rock Shox Pike 650b specs-dibujo.jpg  

mtbr member
    What is T2?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianoMTB View Post
    take it easy
    Thanks, I'm feeling a little better now Was actually hoping for a shorter A-C height for the 150 than 542. They were conservative with the offset at 42mm. The new X-Fusion Sweep is 46mm, I think the Fox 34 is 44mm and a White Bros. Loop is 45mm And what's with a 29'er fork listed as 160mm travel. Thought they were supposed to be 140 and 150mm's?

T2 measurement converts to 1.25". Isn't that the size of the Giant Overdrive steerer tube top section? If so that confirms Giant is in for 650B for sure but we kinda new that already with those very production looking prototypes floating around.
    Last edited by skidad; 05-05-2013 at 08:10 PM.
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Anyone know if travel can be adjusted internally with spacers like the Revelation or Lyrik?

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    Thanks, I'm feeling a little better now Was actually hoping for a shorter A-C height for the 150 than 542. They were conservative with the offset at 42mm. The new X-Fusion Sweep is 46mm, I think the Fox 34 is 44mm and a White Bros. Loop is 45mm And what's with a 29'er fork listed as 160mm travel. Thought they were supposed to be 140 and 150mm's?

T2 measurement converts to 1.25". Isn't that the size of the Giant Overdrive steerer tube top section? If so that confirms Giant is in for 650B for sure but we kinda new that already with those very production looking prototypes floating around.
    Dear Mate, donīt be fooled with this "Itīs oh so 650B-Spezific" Stuff. Iīm running a 26er BOS Deville on my Spitfire, with regular 40 mm Offset and Steering is no Problem at all!!! Whether on a medium Frame with 65,5 Deg HA or on my freshly switched large Frame with 66 Deg HA.
    To be honest: Wouldnīt like it the 46 mm-Way ...

mtbr member
    Yeah, 42mm offset is an interesting choice by RS... conservative skidad....same as the original Pike, in fact. With the trend toward slacker and slacker head angles I kind of expected something in the 44-46 range..... not that there's anything wrong some variety... people running HA's 67ish and steeper will probably prefer the shorter offset.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    if it`s solo air I think yes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianoMTB View Post
    take it easy
    Thanks for the info

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Anyone know if the charger damper is a proper shimmed comp circuit this time? There is lots of blurb about the bladder but nothing about the internals.Pics I've seen are promising as it looks different to the simple design of the the BB Motion Control and DNA dampers which spike to much for my liking.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drummercat View Post
    if it`s solo air I think yes.
    Can anyone confirm this? I would like to drop mine just a bit to fit on my explosif build...

I have about a month of mixed terrain on the fork and it is a monster so far. Coming off a 36 in the past i dont notice any decrease in stiffness. The quality of travel is the best i have ever experienced, and the fork really stays high in its travel...

BLAH BLAH
    Mar 2008
    I think you need a different air shaft assembly.... so the cheap easy travel changing is not an option
    Whats this line for?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Anyone got a true scaled weight? Claimed weights are usually not accurate
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    Is there any possible way to u-turn the pike?
    I loved that about the old one. I'm out if not..

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Uturn

Going to see if a lyrik uturn spring fits in about two weeks....if it doesn't ill keep my lyrik.

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    Is there any possible way to u-turn the pike?
    I loved that about the old one. I'm out if not..

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    How come 650b pike has he same offset as 26 Fox 36 180? Doesn't make sense to me.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Diegobustillos View Post
    How come 650b pike has he same offset as 26 Fox 36 180? Doesn't make sense to me.
    But more than 26er fox 36 160...
    180mm forks goes on bikes with slacker head angles, so more offset makes sense.