mtbr member

In the queue for 650b!

Well, I finally ordered a 650b bike! After much pondering, I decided that a soft tail was an interesting option and a good choice for me. I like the idea of a hardtail, and I've owned a couple, but my main rides have been full suspension almost exclusively since I started seriously trail riding with a 1996 Proflex. A soft-tail should give me much of the feel and simplicity of a hard tail but hopefully without as much of the beating. And I'll just keep my 26"-wheeled full suspension bike around for the time being and replace it when I'm ready and there are more 650b FS options available.

I thought about a Siren but they're a bit spendy and I'm not sure about their modular titanium plate design. Plus I've always been a steel bike kinda guy. So I contacted Doug at Curtlo about doing a 650b Epic Mountaineer--he's willing and the price is doable, so I've ordered one up! It'll be at least 12 weeks so I'm not holding my breath, but hopefully, I'll have it in time for the spring thaw...

mtbr member
    Great news SteveF - keep us posted on progress.

Mark

rmb
    mtbr member
    His price is great and the frame will be too. I have a 29er epic from him and love it.

mtbr member

29er Epic?

As in replica of what would essentially be a "Specialized 29er Epic". If so I would love to see photos.

rmb
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat Ark
    As in replica of what would essentially be a "Specialized 29er Epic". If so I would love to see photos.
    Nope, but here is a photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rmb
    Nope, but here is a photo.
    Oh, ok. Nice looking bike nonetheless.