mtbr member

Questions re Vee Rubber Fluid 2.4

So I just received my new Carbine 275 from Intense and the build kit included Vee Rubber Fluid 2.4 tires. Prior to the bike arriving, I purchased a set of NN 2.35 because I have been running Schwalbe tires for years on both 26ers and 29ers and really like them. Does anyone have experience with the Vee Rubber Fluid? I'm trying to decide whether to try them or just eBay them. If I am going to eBay them, I would rather sell them as new, hence the question.
    Turner Sultan
    Canfield Yelli Screamy
    Ducati M1100s
    Husaberg TE 250
    KTM 300
    RD 400

~~~~~~~~
    So that's what happened to all the Fluids. I haven't seen anyone post them except one guy in Aus a while ago and been waiting for them to become available, Intense must have bought them all up for their builds. Could you post a pic with them inflated so we can see how they really look? Side by side with NN would be nice.

mtbr member

Here you go

The Vee Rubber is just slightly taller and slightly wider.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Questions re Vee Rubber Fluid 2.4-photo.jpg  

Questions re Vee Rubber Fluid 2.4-vee-1.jpg  

Turner Sultan
    Canfield Yelli Screamy
    Ducati M1100s
    Husaberg TE 250
    KTM 300
    RD 400

Dissolved member
    If you decide to sell them I might be interested. Does the sidewall say anything about the compound, is it the Dual compound version?

mtbr member
    Try them. Never know when you are going to find a new favorite tire.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    If you decide to sell them I might be interested. Does the sidewall say anything about the compound, is it the Dual compound version?
    I'll check tonight when I get home from the office.
    Turner Sultan
    Canfield Yelli Screamy
    Ducati M1100s
    Husaberg TE 250
    KTM 300
    RD 400

~~~~~~~~
    Is it just me or do the side knobs look like they are too far on the side? It looks like they are more horizontal than vertical.

~~~~~~~~
    here's side by sides with my HR2 and HD's, it's hard to convince me that this kind of round tire profile would corner better than the squareness of the HR2.

Name:  VEE 1.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  93.6 KBQuestions re Vee Rubber Fluid 2.4-hdhr2.jpg

mtbr member
    Agreed. I was surprised by how round the profile is. It is more round then the NN.
    Turner Sultan
    Canfield Yelli Screamy
    Ducati M1100s
    Husaberg TE 250
    KTM 300
    RD 400

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Unrelated....nice taste in dirtbikes I've got a 250 KTM and a 300 Gas Gas although neither get ridden enough.

Ok, back to the tires
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    Unrelated....nice taste in dirtbikes I've got a 250 KTM and a 300 Gas Gas although neither get ridden enough.
    You have great taste as well. I would like to ride a Gas Gas. I hear you on the not enough time to ride. I ride bicycles 4 to 5 times a week, whereas I only ride motos (other than my road bikes) 10 to 12 times a year. Mainly, I do a multi-day trip to Southern Utah in the Spring and a multi-day trip to Central Idaho in the fall. We have great riding close by, but it still takes 4 to 5 hours to do a ride whereas I can ride my mtb from my door before work in the morning (or from the office for lunch).

I just built a mini-moto track in the back yard for my kids and it is fun to jump on my son's XR 100 and blast the track for a few laps in the evening.
    Turner Sultan
    Canfield Yelli Screamy
    Ducati M1100s
    Husaberg TE 250
    KTM 300
    RD 400

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    It's the dual compound version. I'll probably sell them if you are interested.
    Turner Sultan
    Canfield Yelli Screamy
    Ducati M1100s
    Husaberg TE 250
    KTM 300
    RD 400

Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by tortfeasor View Post
    It's the dual compound version. I'll probably sell them if you are interested.
    I am only interested in one tire since the Fluid is too big for the rear triangle of my conversion but I might find a local friend who would be interested in getting the second one. Give me a moment to figure that out. TIA.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Weird, I googled vee fluid and here I am looking at the comparison to the nooby nic which I just got on my altitude. Since the very first ride Ive been trying to find a tire to replace the NN. For the type of riding I do the NN tends to wash out in the corners and slip on the climbs also the sidewall is to thin for the type of riding I do. I've been dealing with pinch flats the last two rides First as tubeless, then putting tubes in them, partially because, I haven't had time to patch the tire hence pinch flatting tubes, so far for this week, I've had four flats, running outa tubes. Is the side wall on the V's quite a bit thicker? It's looks from the profile like you could really lay it down in the corners. My only other issue would be slippage when climbing. I'm coming off riding WTB wier wolfs. That was an excellent tire except for the thin sidewalls. I'm riding 650 so the choices are pretty limited.also, the wier wolf was discontinued.

mtbr member
    I rode the fluids for the first time yesterday, I really liked them, better cornering that NN 2.2
    I only rode them on dirt, but my wife said that they felt like someone filled up her tires with cement on the rode. ( needed to do that sooner to slow her down on the preride warm up)
    I have a brand new hanz 2.35 and NN 2.3, but think I'm going to get some Fluids instead

mtbr member
    hay sti how have you been? did you have a good spring riding?