mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Quasi in Trek 69: fits!

mtbr member
    That'll make that bike really nice I bet!! This comes from my ride time on a Carver Bumblebee for several months. Cool!

Mark

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Nice! Looking forward to the ride report....

Cheers,

KP
    “Those that say it can’t be done should get out of the way of those doing it.”

Pacenti Cycle Design

I'd rather be riding!
    Very nice, I had decided a while back that the Neo would not work on my Top Fuel 69er. Now I am excited about the possibility of getting the Quasi to work. Any chance you could post some measurements of your chainstay and width where the tire is the max width so I could compare to my bike?

Hey Kirk, I'm down in B'ham. Do you have any tires mounted up that I could test fit on my bikes rear end if I made the trip up to Chattanooga? Also, can you point me to the link with the specs/ measurements for the Quasi Moto?

nothing relevant to say
    Well da/v\n. I'd love to see a F120 upfront with a Neo-Moto. That may even out the wheel swap. Then, you could be sitting pretty with a converted 650b. A Trek rep needs this thread forwarded to them. If such a bike would occur from trek, then tires and rims would probably follow, not to mention a dedicated fork.
    Also, the Trek 69r hardtail has a 42.4cm chainstay length, which equals 16.7". A perfect length.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked Headtube
    Well da/v\n. I'd love to see a F120 upfront with a Neo-Moto. That may even out the wheel swap. Then, you could be sitting pretty with a converted 650b. A Trek rep needs this thread forwarded to them. If such a bike would occur from trek, then tires and rims would probably follow, not to mention a dedicated fork.
    Also, the Trek 69r hardtail has a 42.4cm chainstay length, which equals 16.7". A perfect length.
    If i remember correctly, the chainstay is few mm longer than 424, a sweet lenght in any case.
    As for the ride report, the first snowfall of the season is forecasted for tomorrow, so i'll have to swap the Quasi with a studded 26" Nokian, lots of fun anyway.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    [QUOTE=kmacon]Very nice, I had decided a while back that the Neo would not work on my Top Fuel 69er. Now I am excited about the possibility of getting the Quasi to work. Any chance you could post some measurements of your chainstay and width where the tire is the max width so I could compare to my bike?

QUOTE]
    The width where the tread of the tire is the max width is 55mm, cheers.

www.derbyrims.com
    I think Cane Creek makes a 1/2 inch headset lower race spacer which could bring the front end up to keep the steering geometry the same as before. I don't see it on the CC web site, but I have recently seen one on a bike using a standard 1 1/8 inch headset so the fork knobs would clear the down tube (and slack steering). Maybe your local bike shop would have it listed as a special order part.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

it flies!

NeoMoto on Velocity Blunt

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Quote Originally Posted by lavolpeeluva
    NeoMoto on Velocity Blunt

Nice! Give us a detailed ride report when you get a chance.

Cheers,

KP
    “Those that say it can’t be done should get out of the way of those doing it.”

Pacenti Cycle Design