Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Pivot Mach6 carbon 650b'er!

wow you guys are slow, figured this would've been posted hours ago!

Pivot Mach6 carbon 650b'er!-s1600_pivot3.jpg

Pivot Mach6 Carbon 27.5 Trail Bike - sspomer - Mountain Biking Pictures - Vital MTB

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Nice alternative to the Mojo, and longer travel than the Burner, but just as expensive, if not more expensive than both.
    ArcGIS mapping pro, offering trail design and mapping support to non-profit organizations across Pennsylvania.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Liking the Stealth Black alot.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
    - Arthur C. Clarke

mtbr member
    That bike is going to CRUSH

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Short CS, good HA, latest flavor of DW link, carbon fiber...yep this frame will sell well.

The limited tire clearance and 135 mm travel on the Ibis put it in a different category. And until a carbon burner comes out...
    Originally posted by bucksaw87
    I still fail to see how mustaches, fixies, and PBR are ironic.

74 & 29 pilot
    Anybody want to buy a large Intense Carbine frame? I love the carbine but will be really happy going back to Pivot and the DW link.
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I applaud Pivot for not being afraid to cannibalize firebird sales for our enjoyment. This is a very very nice do it all single bike solution.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by migueladobe@gmail.com View Post
    I applaud Pivot for not being afraid to cannibalize firebird sales for our enjoyment. This is a very very nice do it all single bike solution.
    Yeah, this bike does seem fairly close to the Firebird 650b that was just released. Other than the obvious difference in frame material and slightly less rear wheel travel what's the difference? Geometry numbers look pretty close. Chainstays are a bit longer and the BB is 1/2" inch taller on the FB27.5. Probably lighter but does seem a bit redundant.

Not complaining. Choices are good.. Just wondering.

Sweet bike though.

mtbr member

Re: Pivot Mach6 carbon 650b'er!

I would say they are different geometry concepts. If you compare the same sizes, the Firechicken is very much a short and tall concept where as the Mach 6 fits the long and low concept by comparison. This changes how one might set the bike up given the same size. I think the Mach 6 is very much designed for a slammed stem and wide bars that is so popular now. That setup can be achieved in the Bird too but almost requires you to size up because it has such a short reach. Obviously the suspension changes have significant impact on your shock options too. With new Mach 6 design you can easily run the piggy backs with bigger cans like the CCDB Air that required a swap to the alloy rocker on the Bird. Guessing coils might have more options also. Subtle improvements to a long standing great bike in the Firebird make the Mach 6. We all new the Firebird 27.5 that really is just a conversion in reality was just a stop gap until Pivot launched the real 27.5 design.

Specialized Epic 29
    Intense Tracer 29

mtbr member
    Oh, sweet.. let 650bird price tag go down!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Agree with rehammer. I had no interest in the FB 650 but this mach6 looks very promising. The differences are significant.

I'd prefer std BB but u can't have everything.
    Originally posted by bucksaw87
    I still fail to see how mustaches, fixies, and PBR are ironic.

Baby Bear is in the house
    Finally, what I was hoping the Mojo HDR would be! Shorter CS, lower, slacker, and similar travel to the 26" HD. Kudos to Pivot! New dream bike for sure!
    That clevis likely takes its cues from the Ibis Ripley. Great idea
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I've been looking at, and reading all the recent reviews on this bike since it was revealed, and I see that it will be offered in a blue color. Is the blue constructed of carbon or aluminum? I'm not sure I want to go the carbon route just yet, but would definitely put this bike on my short list if it will be offered in aluminum.

Pivot Mach6 carbon 650b'er!-1072299_482541768496830_441262727_o1.jpg
    http://kevinboyer.zenfolio.com/

*2013 Intense Spider 29...Can-Am Yellow...Custom Build*

PA Biker
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinboyer View Post
    I've been looking at, and reading all the recent reviews on this bike since it was revealed, and I see that it will be offered in a blue color. Is the blue constructed of carbon or aluminum? I'm not sure I want to go the carbon route just yet, but would definitely put this bike on my short list if it will be offered in aluminum.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1072299_482541768496830_441262727_o1.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	819299
    The blue color is a painted carbon frame just like the team green mach 429C. Don't be afraid to go the carbon route. I did a demo on the 5.7C and the ride quality and stiffness of the frame were excellent. I'm a big clyde at 6' 290lbs and the carbon bike was an excellent performer. The mach 6C is my new bike. Now the not so patient waiting begins for the projected September delivery date.

www.derbyrims.com
    Excellent! If buying new, this is the first trail bike I've seen I might buy before my HD160 converted to 650b 150mm travel. The only geometry difference is 1 degree slacker HTA, I could do with an AngleSet on my HD650b.

Is there room for 2.4+ rear tires? My HD can only easily clear 2.35"

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Stunner of a bike for sure and would REALLY like to give one a test ride. The slack 71.5 degree SA and 66 degree HA would have me somewhat concerned for my terrain but you never know without a test ride. HA obviously can be changed allot with fork choice and/or angle set head set.

mtbr member

x2, wish there was an aluminum option.. .

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Does anyone know if the Mach 6 will be offered in a frame only option?

mtbr member

+1 on the frame only option and when? I've got all the parts. I just need the skeleton.

Specialized Epic 29
    Intense Tracer 29

mtbr member
    +2 The CTD fork is kind of a deal breaker.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

mtbr member

I have a gorgeous new Pike waiting to shred on this bike. Not sure on the rear shock yet though. Not sure I want that Float X either but maybe I should give it a try first.

Specialized Epic 29
    Intense Tracer 29

dwt
    mtbr member

Pivot Mach6 carbon 650b'er!

Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    Stunner of a bike for sure and would REALLY like to give one a test ride. The slack 71.5 degree SA and 66 degree HA would have me somewhat concerned for my terrain but you never know without a test ride. HA obviously can be changed allot with fork choice and/or angle set head set.
    Skidad, I know your tastes. Speaking of your terrain, did you notice the BB height on this baby? All the other offerings out there seem to have west coast low bb's. Speaking of which, I will be selling my Tall Boy. Just can't take the low bb or the clumsy wagon wheels anymore! Can't believe I let local peer group pressure influence my purchase of that bike in April. But I'm assuming the Solo, which I have heard called the So Low, will be a pedal striking horror as well.

As soon as I unload the TB, Mach 6 moves to the top of my list.
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dwt View Post
    Skidad, I know your tastes. Speaking of your terrain, did you notice the BB height on this baby? All the other offerings out there seem to have west coast low bb's. Speaking of which, I will be selling my Tall Boy. Just can't take the low bb or the clumsy wagon wheels anymore! Can't believe I let local peer group pressure influence my purchase of that bike in April. But I'm assuming the Solo, which I have heard called the So Low, will be a pedal striking horror as well.

As soon as I unload the TB, Mach 6 moves to the top of my list.
    Yeah, I've done more than my share of bit*hing about low BB heights and pedal strikes in this forum. Living in New England will do that but I think you know that all to well.

I don't like that seat tube angle or the head angle of the new Pivot but I did notice the 13.6 BB height which is decent, especially with a DW Link bike. Guess this bike will make a great enduro bike with those angles. Still, I would jump at the chance to try one out when the Pivot show comes around.

New Trek Remedy Carbon (I know your taste also and it's light) is something you might have a looooong look at. Also has a 13.6" BB height in the steep HA setting (68 degrees). That bike is sweet IMO and I'd own one. I'm afraid the upcoming Norco Sight carbon is gonna have a low BB height also like their aluminum version and with active FSR suspension, well....wont repeat myself again.

Sorry to hear about the TB but it should sell easily I think. Trek also got the BB height right up there on the new Remedy 29'er as well (13.7" and 14.1" depending on HA choice). Was happy to see that and should make a great New England 29'er (or anywhere seriously rocky).

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I just ordered the frame kit,Stealth frame,Fox X shock,fork HS and BB.will be here end of August.i would think that they would do frame alone.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by techfersure View Post
    I just ordered the frame kit,Stealth frame,Fox X shock,fork HS and BB.will be here end of August.i would think that they would do frame alone.
    Thanks for the update. It's reassuring to know that the frame can be purchased separately.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast