mtbr member

Pipedream Sirius Titanium frame

Old news for some perhaps. sirius-titanium-frame. You can ride it as a 26er or a 650B
    Duct tape iz like teh Force. It has a Lite side and a Dark side and it holdz the Universe together.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mitzikatzi
    Old news for some perhaps. sirius-titanium-frame. You can ride it as a 26er or a 650B
    I like the look, hate the company name (and decals), and wouldn't like the higher BB. I think 650B bikes should not be 26" frame with bigger wheels, they should be designed specifically to give the best performance of the 650B wheels.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Wish I Were Riding
    If you look at the Soma B side frame the geometry specs are pretty close to any other 26 hard tail frame out there. A buddy of mine compared the Soma B side to a Bianchi MUSS and found almost no difference. BB height difference after his conversion was unnoticeable as was mine. The only real difference is tire clearance.

Tim

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    A B-side with 26" tires would have a BB height of approx. 11" and 11.75" with 650b. Are there many mtb frames designed for a bb height of 11"? Perhaps on a trail w/o rocks, roots or logs. For a Ti frame, the money would be better spent on a frame with optimum riding characteristics, not a compromise IMO. Some 650b conversions ride great, some don't as it's not just whether tires clear or not. My old Ibis Mojo rides great as 26, not so good as 650b. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by TimT
    Wish I Were Riding
    If you look at the Soma B side frame the geometry specs are pretty close to any other 26 hard tail frame out there. A buddy of mine compared the Soma B side to a Bianchi MUSS and found almost no difference. BB height difference after his conversion was unnoticeable as was mine. The only real difference is tire clearance.

Tim

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I've never seen any posts or heard any body complain about the extra 3/4" ground clearance. In fact just he opposite. People have liked the extra clearance or did not even notice it. I have a Raliegh XXIX with a BB height around 12"

Tim