USB Rep'n

Pick one of these four and I'll stop posting...

No I won't but still... I am going to buy one of these three frames to build up into my first 650. It'll be one gear for now but I'm sure I'll dress her up in gears at some point so she feels pretty.

Salsa Ala Carte (the sweet green one!). Probably best value for me but it is a conversion

Older Soma B-Side (the rustic orange one). Also Greta value

Soma Analog (have to convert but the Soma guys said it works no prob)

or

Jamis Dragon 650. Maybe worst value but best resale if I ever did. Not a single though so it'll need an ugly tensioner for my one gear riding.

love to get an idea of which you'd pick and why. I'm buying one of them tonight or tomorrow so lemme know and I'll use that info wisely! thanks
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Pick one of these four and I'll stop posting...

The one with the geometry you're looking for. All things being equal, I'd do the salsa. Their bikes have "character"

USB Rep'n
    The geo is realtively similar on all of them. Well, the Jamis is a little slacker (not a bad thing) but I would rather add some travel and create my own "slackness" with the extra travel. I know what you mean about the Salsa character. I had an El Mariachi a few years ago, plenty of character. Thing is, that bike fit me better than any I've ever owned which makes me lean towards the Salsa. I think the Jamis is out due to the singlespeed thing (and I don't really like the cables on top). Love the B-Side but would probably opt for the Analog for its sliding dropouts and being brand new for only about $60 more. Look at this, Im talking myself through it!!

So, Analog or Salsa, hmmm...

eh-nay Ityopia!

mtbr member
    2 threads, same topic? I'd go with the Ala Carte, best value always wins. Spend more on the components and wheels. I've always liked the Ala Carte, and if it's sweet chili green... hot.
    No fuss with the MUSS

USB Rep'n
    they were actually supposed to be different but you're right, party foul acknowledged, sorry. in any case, just bought the Salsa and think its the right call for a few reasons. Stoked to build it up and show it off here when done but even more excited to get out and ride it!

eh-nay Ityopia!