Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pacenti tires

Harshing my mellow, man..
    Jun 2008

Pacenti tires

I have some of the old Neo-moto's 2.3. Love them for their traction and how they work on the trail. I don't love how the sidewall leaks my stan's all over the place and how I have to re-fill it about every 2 weeks and how if it sits for 3 days, it loses the bead because it loses so much pressure. Can anyone tell me if: 1) there is a new tire that has these issues fixed, or 2) there is a similar tire out there (I'm not picky about brand; I would like something equal in tread) that won't be as high-maintenance?
    Advice is welcomed.
    Thanks

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    locobaylor,

As I am sure you know, our tires were not designed as tubeless / tubeless ready tires. The good news is Panaracer is taking over production for us, and will be adding their tubeless casing to future production of the Neo-Moto and Quasi-Moto tires.

Panaracer adds Pacenti 650b tires to its line | Bicycle Retailer and Industry News

Cheers,
    KP
    “Those that say it can’t be done should get out of the way of those doing it.”

Pacenti Cycle Design

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Pacenti View Post
    locobaylor,

As I am sure you know, our tires were not designed as tubeless / tubeless ready tires. The good news is Panaracer is taking over production for us, and will be adding their tubeless casing to future production of the Neo-Moto and Quasi-Moto tires.

Panaracer adds Pacenti 650b tires to its line | Bicycle Retailer and Industry News

Cheers,
    KP
    Cool, it'll be great to have a tubeless NeoMoto option!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    This is good news for Neo-moto lovers! I got worried when QBP dropped them.

For the record, I have been running Neo's in 2.3 and 2.1 for a while, and I have never had issues with leaky sidewalls or overnight-deflation.

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    durty,

Your experience seems to be typical for most of the people setting up Neo-Moto and Quasi-Moto tires tubeless.

Cheers,
    KP

Quote Originally Posted by durtydurham View Post
    This is good news for Neo-moto lovers! I got worried when QBP dropped them.

For the record, I have been running Neo's in 2.3 and 2.1 for a while, and I have never had issues with leaky sidewalls or overnight-deflation.

Pacenti Cycle Design

650b me
    Maybe it depends on the production batch, but my experience has been much like the OP's. Glad to hear future versions will be tubeless ready.

mtbr member
    While I did have good luck running Neos (both 2.1 & 2.3) tubeless, going to a proper tubeless casing and bead can only be a good thing.

Hopefully, this will also include the Panaracer SC compound.

My other wish is a slightly bigger volume.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by reformed roadie View Post
    While I did have good luck running Neos (both 2.1 & 2.3) tubeless, going to a proper tubeless casing and bead can only be a good thing.
    +1
    glad to see the tubeless ready update, and maybe expanded availability...??

mtbr member
    My going on 2 yrs old, NeoMoto has been great tubeless. minimal sidewall leakage, if any, never noticed it. Still going strong up front. Great tire IME.

mtbr member
    Great news for an already great tire!
    2013 Santa Cruz Solo C
    2013 Santa Cruz Chameleon 650b SS
    2012 Giant Defy (Roadie)

NedwannaB
    Same here (no leakage issues I mean). Only problem I had was a burp on a front wheel due to operator error in checking psi at ~15 I would say(probably should do more than weekly ....)

Does anyone know of a product that is thicker to help with sealing porous sidewalls a little better?
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

Harshing my mellow, man..
    Jun 2008
    Kirk,
    I didn't remember that they weren't tubeless. But it seems my error was not your tire, per say. I've had this tire for over 5 years now, and the sidewall was just cracking and old. That's why it was leaking through. I'm guessing a new tire would be fine. This same tire sat on my wall for about a year, tubeless, and still had air and the bead set when I took it down for my bike. Sweet to hear about the coming of the tubeless version; I'm excited.

locobaylor

locobaylor,

Cheers,
    KP

mtbr member
    Any ETA when the Panaracer version will start hitting the shelves?

mtbr member
    Bumping this-anyone know when panaracer's tubeless version of the NM will become available? Also wondering what it'll weigh.

mtbr member
    I broke down and ordered some from Pro Bike Supply. I suppose these are the old version.

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveF View Post
    Bumping this-anyone know when panaracer's tubeless version of the NM will become available? Also wondering what it'll weigh.
    I will ask them for you.

Pacenti Cycle Design

mtbr member
    I will ask them for you.
    Thanks! If you get a chance that would be great...

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveF View Post
    Thanks! If you get a chance that would be great...
    BTI should have some in mid-late November.

I am sure QBP will also be stocking them soon, but as of right now, they have none on order.

Pacenti Cycle Design

mtbr member
    Thanks Kirk! I'll ask at my LBS about ordering some soon...

help with the zip please
    KP, do you know if these will be available outside of the US? I don't mind paying 65 - 75 for a tyre but when I'm quoted between $64 and $95 to ship two tyres to Sydney it's a bit of a stretch, particularly when it only costs me $10 to ship 2 tyres from the UK and takes under a week.

Thanks

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Yes, Panaracer will make the tires available to all their international distributors. Have your LBS request them from the Panaracer distro in OZ.

Cheers,
    KP

Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post
    KP, do you know if these will be available outside of the US? I don't mind paying 65 - 75 for a tyre but when I'm quoted between $64 and $95 to ship two tyres to Sydney it's a bit of a stretch, particularly when it only costs me $10 to ship 2 tyres from the UK and takes under a week.

Thanks

Pacenti Cycle Design

help with the zip please
    Thanks Kirk

help with the zip please
    So has anyone seen the new panaracer neo-moto available in store or on-line yet? They are now listed on the Panaracer site and I notice that probikesupply has them advertised but interestingly enough neither the pictures nor the description have changed and there is an obvious claimed weight difference between the two so I am not sure what is going on there.

cheers

Just a flesh wound
    I love my Neo 2.3's. The listing on the Panaracer site is definitely different. The weight is less and the TPI is listed as 120, many more threads than the original (60?).

Hmmmm.
    My name is Chris and I ride a Prophet 650b with a Lefty.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Lower claimed weight/higher TPI sounds nice, but does that mean we are sacrificing durability?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast