mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Pacenti S-Works Carbon HT

R7 Manitou works with Quasi. I'll have more shots later today. Bike is being built at Cycles De'oro in Greensboro NC. Ask for Steve or Dale.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

R7

I come from a vintage M/C back ground so mixing and matching and craving are something of a everyday thing. If the R7 rubs a little I'll probably take a curved file and make some room.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I would like to know how this bike with b's ride in regards to the 26 and the 29...I rode a 29sj ht and it was the worst geo ever..monster truck style...I have owned a karate monkey(monster truck), paragon and jabberwocky...jabber had the best geo ever, paragon was good but front end floppy a little...can someone tell me how the sj ht 26 feels and rides with the b's?

Witty McWitterson
    Quote Originally Posted by crashedupderby
    I would like to know how this bike with b's ride in regards to the 26 and the 29...I rode a 29sj ht and it was the worst geo ever..monster truck style...I have owned a karate monkey(monster truck), paragon and jabberwocky...jabber had the best geo ever, paragon was good but front end floppy a little...can someone tell me how the sj ht 26 feels and rides with the b's?
    Funny, this just goes to show how much personal preferance plays into geometry. I hated my Vassago. I thought it rode like a.....wait for it.....truck. Whereas the Monkey's I've ridden were pretty neutral, decent riding bikes, if a little heavy.
    Just a regular guy.

TNC
    noMAD man

What year SJ?

Quote Originally Posted by crashedupderby
    There are subtle but apparently very postive changes between the '08 and '09 SJ 29'er hardtail. One of the guys at the shop bought one recently and loves it. The owner who is an XC bike whore rode it, and he's not been fond of full 29'ers up to this point...a smaller, lighter rider. He was very impressed with this new version. He did think it exhibited quite frequent pedal strikes. I believe the fork and frame geometry have small but important tweaks for the '09.