mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Pacenti dl 31 rim?

Anybody know how strong these rims are? Am getting a capitan Zeus with 650b rear and 29 front. Thinking of getting a wheel built with pacenti 36 holes on hadley hubs...gotta be really strong since I weigh 260...

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    sirsam84,

The rims are being thrashed all over Europe by the SC-Intense DH team. They are getting good results with the DL31 and to date, have had no failures. They've dented a few of them, but noting out of the ordinary considering the way the rims are being used, and the fact that they are not a true DH rim. Fwiw, Joe Connell just won the Scottish National DH title with the Pacenti DL31.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsam84 View Post
    Anybody know how strong these rims are? Am getting a capitan Zeus with 650b rear and 29 front. Thinking of getting a wheel built with pacenti 36 holes on hadley hubs...gotta be really strong since I weigh 260...
    Last edited by Kirk Pacenti; 07-31-2013 at 09:14 AM.
    “Those that say it can’t be done should get out of the way of those doing it.”

Pacenti Cycle Design

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Pacenti View Post
    sirsam84,

The rims are being thrashed all over Europe by the SC-Intense DH team. They are getting good results with the DL31 and to date, have had no failures. They've dented a few of them, but noting out of the ordinary considering the way the rims are being used, and the fact that they are not a true DH rim. Fwiw, Joe Connell just won the Scottish National DH title with the Pacenti DL31.
    Sweet! I wasn't expecting a response from the man himself! Thanks...sounds like they will suit my purposes quite well Am gonna go 36 hole with Hadley DH hub.

U $ 4 O?
    Built a couple dl31/hadley since they came out and think of them like flows.. except the 31 has eyelets and better width, so I like it better. Sweet spot seems to be @ 100 kgf
    ©

mtbr member
    I'll chime in a bit here. I don't have DL31's. I DO have TL28's on my SS (29") - and I be beat that bike mercilessly. The wheels were built for me by my LBS, and I put them on in January. Since then, I've trued them exactly once, and that was literally a two spoke very minor tweak. To be clear - I've hit the back wheel so hard on a mis-timed hop over log pile, that it adjusted the chain tension - tighter - which is VERY hard to do (my wheel doesn't slip) and it had no affect whatever on these wheels.

I went with the Pacenti wheels because a mechanic at my LBS had done some checking up and said they were some of the strongest per weight, stiffest hoops I could get without going way, way over these in price. I can't imagine you'd be any less satisfied with the DL31. It's probably worth mentioning, I'm no light weight - 210.

mtbr member
    Ive got the DL31's on my stumpy 29er and beat the living sh$t out of them, and their straight as an arrow. Excellent rims, well worth the money. I weigh 265 all geared up. You wont be sorry you bought them.