Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Norco Sight 650b

5K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  mattsavage 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Thanks for posting this.
Lots to glean from the spec list, as to what's going to be available.

In the one pic after the model listings, just before the 26" Sights, the RS fork looks big, like a 34mm stanchion...might be an illusion, as I heard they were 32s.

I hope the re-configured frame works as well as the 2012 26", which got rave reviews by everyone.

Any idea when they go on sale?

#4 ·
Not sure about that yet. Anything in particular you want to focus on? I swung a leg over the 2012 Sight for a week and had time on Shinobi (reviewed on MTBR in past review) so am looking at if from the pov of differences btwn 26, 650b, 29er (geometry differences make this an imperfect comparison of course); and how the Norco ART implementation of 4x4 suspension works.

I'd prefer to keep it about impressions of the bike in itself of course but might as well find out what people want to know. Francis is doing the prelim piece on it

#6 ·
Do I understand it correctly that they are offering the same Sight frame with either 26" or 650b wheels and the effective BB height can be raised/lowered by +5/-15mm?

Edit: probably not as other geometry figures are not the some. It is interesting that some sizes of the 650b frames have shorter CS and shorter wheelbase than the 26" frames.

#11 ·
Slack and low. 13.3" BB. Intense went this route with their new 650B bikes also. I'll reserve judgement as the reviews of the 26" Sight have been outstanding.

Nice...3 different 650B RS forks including a Sector. I didn't know about that one

#14 ·
Here's a nice definition

"Bottom Bracket Drop: This dimension is the height difference between the center of the bottom bracket/crank and the center of the dropouts (where the wheel's axle connects to the frame/fork). Some manufacturers replace the drop dimension with "Bottom Bracket Rise", which conversely measures from the ground to the center of the bottom bracket. Both dimensions refer to the same thing in regards to fit and handling."

Its a way to indicate BB height taking different wheel sizes into the equation

I'll try to get a weight on the frame, measure BBheight the traditional way and see how the new CTD forks compared to the 2012 when on the bike. Might not be to the end of the week though

#18 ·
Interesting the Sight 1 say it will come with the NN 2.35 and the Sight 2 a NN 2.4 and Sight 3 the Nevegal 2.35.

The above linked test bike Sight 1 in that (very) mini review has the Nevegals. From my understanding the new NN tires are HUGE at almost 29" and should make the bike feel/ride quite different compared to a Nevegal equipped bike......I think. It's gonna be interesting to see once full production bike are available.

#20 ·
Don't forget the Ventana Zeus and I'll bet you will see a Tomac Snyper 140 (or something from Tomac) as well. That Snyper is a sleeper bike that's really good and Tomac's business partner is part of X-Fusion. It'll happen.

edit...possibly add Pivot as well

#25 ·
Read those pinkbike comments and the haters feed off the watery review comments about 650b. Seemed to give props towards the new design. I almost think the writer is staying on the fence to preserve credibility. Must of gotten stoned in his village, giving 29ers premature thumbs up reviews. lol

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.