mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Norco Range 650b medium or large?

Hello, I've decided to buy the Norco Range 2 with the 650b wheels as my new all mountain/enduro bike.

At 5'11'' I seem to be right in between medium and large. I tried both frame sizes for a quick spin on the road, but was not able to test ride on a trail. Both sizes seem ok, but I am still undecided. I feel the medium is more nimble, but on the other hand I don't want to suffer from a too small bike on the ascents. I have to ascend for at least an hour before I reach the trail head.

Looking at the geo, it seems the top tube length is longer than on other mediums, however the seat tube length appears to be much shorter than other brands of the same size. Anyone else notice this?

Is anyone the same size or similar size and can give a recommendation whether they use medium or large? Thanks, really appreciate any replies.

People of zee wurl,Relax!
    They run big. I'm 5'8" and rented a medium Range 2 for the weekend. Amazing bike BTW. I really loved the bike but the top tube was a little long for me. I think the medium would be really fun and playful at your height. You could go with the large if you wanted to use it as more of a trail bike or medium for fun.
    Less Talk, More Rock.
    http://www.peakmtb.com

mtbr member
    Hi Alps, did you finally buy a Norco Range 650b? Which size did you get, M or L?

I'm also 5'11" and have ordered an L, but I'm not sure if it will fit well since the top tube is too long... but as you said, seat tube is short and my 38 cms Reverb will reach the limit...

Anyone more at 5'11 or close riding an L or M???

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I'm 6' even and I'm on a large. Large and XL bikes come with 70mm stems where smaller sizes have 60mm stems. Maybe ask your LBS to put a shorter stem on the large or a longer stem on the medium.

mtbr member
    I'm 182cms, so closer to 6' than 5'11".

What stem's size are you using incubus? I think I'll go to a 40-50mm stem with the L size

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I still have the stock stem on the bike (70mm). It feels decent for my frame a my arms are on the longer side of average.

Also, I just replaced the bars with some that are more narrow than the stock unit. I feel that this, coupled with a shorter stem, might make the front end too twitchy.