dwt
    mtbr member

Nino seals WC title, favored for Gold in London

I think it's fair to say that if it wasn't for Nino's surprising success on his weird bike, this forum would still have its old name,, and there would be way fewer new 27.5" bikes available 2013

Kirk Pacenti thought it up, Nino Schurter and Scott Swisspower picked up the ball and ran with it. No one expected or predicted that the first score for the middle sized wheel would be HT XC racing. Of course, all good publicity is welcome. This and has been a shot in the arm for the middle size

Thanks Nino, best of luck at the Olympics!

Wonder if the Olympic commentators will discuss "wheel size wars" intelligently ? Not holding my breath

http://singletrack.competitor.com/20...on-650b_33455B
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

KVW
    Law abiding citizen
    broken link?
    "Single track is for pansies!
    I blast down a mountain once, and in my wake, lies a new single track for the rest of you."-sm

dwt
    mtbr member
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

Wrench
    He'll do well on the Olympic course. But don't count Absalon out. Remember the race in Belgium this year? Absalon absolutely destroyed on that course.

But that being said, this year's Olympic course seems like it was made for bullets like Nino to attack the A lines and put a second or two on the chasing pack every time.

mtbr member
    This just about sums it up;

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Quote Originally Posted by SuspectDevice View Post
    This just about sums it up;
    yup!
    “Those that say it can’t be done should get out of the way of those doing it.”

Pacenti Cycle Design

derp
    Too bad Scott doesn't seem to capitalize on Nino's success and make available ( and i mean widely available ) the damn frame.

He'll do well on the Olympic course. But don't count Absalon out. Remember the race in Belgium this year? Absalon absolutely destroyed on that course.
    And every other top10 rider, WC != Olympics. I wouldn't be surprised in the least even if Nino didn't win a medal, specially since that course serisouly sucks donkey dingleberries ... i hate these artificial courses.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Catherine pendrel was well off her usual pace at world cup #7 but she too has the title swept now. Her mere 7th place finish suggests she was saving her body for the olympics.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    May 2004

Bet

Here is my bet on London....I got 66:1 on Fontana, couldnt ignore it.....16:5 on Nino, 11/4 on Absolon.....as much as I would like Nino to win on the wheelsize of the furture.....COME ON FONTANTA :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nino seals WC title, favored for Gold in London-bet.jpg  

Wrench
    Fontana has been doing fantastic in these last few rounds. I'd wager on him too!

mtbr member
    Would be interesting to see how that course looks like during an actual race. Was hard to judge from the walkthrough videos.

Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmy View Post
    Would be interesting to see how that course looks like during an actual race. Was hard to judge from the walkthrough videos.
    It's going to be fast. The head of the Swisspower team says he expects 13 minute laps from the best riders. Perhaps that's just talk, but from the looks of the course, I can imagine that being done.

At least on the first lap, that is.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAL View Post
    It's going to be fast. The head of the Swisspower team says he expects 13 minute laps from the best riders. Perhaps that's just talk, but from the looks of the course, I can imagine that being done.

At least on the first lap, that is.
    I wonder how many folks will be lapped, and what a commotion it will cause.
    Last edited by Broccoli; 08-03-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmy View Post
    I wonder how many folks will be lapped, and what a commotion it will cause.
    That part I'm not so sure about. I don't think there's an 80% rule like there is in the World Cup. Luckily, this is a course of few choke-points.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    80% rule will be implemented. I know some riders who did the test event...very fast and not too bad, but 100% man made, very straight forward. But 200m climbing per lap, lots of kickers, corner and crappy drops.....so it will produce a worthy champion!