mtbr member

Nino Schurter wins Mont-Sainte-Anne WC XCO on 650b!

Nino jumped out to a 17 second lead but had a flat tire and dropped 15 seconds back. he charged furiously in the fourth lap, regained the lead, and prevailed in a sprint finish. 650b wins on the World Cup’s most technical course.

just some guy
    Gosh, do you think anyone would buy this bike if Scott were to sell it?

mtbr member
    Nope.
    Didn't happen.
    Sure he wasn't on a 29'er?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rotten1 View Post
    Nope.
    Didn't happen.
    Sure he wasn't on a 29'er?
    Watch it for yourself.

UCI MTB World Cup 2012 XCO 5 -Men Cross Country Mont-Sainte-Anne (CAN) 23-06-2012 19:50 CET - Mountain Bike Events - Extreme.com - Gives you the best high quality extreme sports video and all the latest news and events from the world of action sports

Quote Originally Posted by talabardio View Post
    Gosh, do you think anyone would buy this bike if Scott were to sell it?
    No, or rather, none that wouldn’t have bought in anyways. I don’t think a single win on an unusually technical course is a big factor one way or the other. The people who want to go along with the industry marketing machine will say it was a one-off fluke, and the people that want o buy a 650b bike would buy one whether he won today or not.

I think it’s more of a way to overcome an objection. If you want one, and your buddy says, “If they’re so good, how come none of the WC guys ride them?” Now you can say, “Actually, not only has 650b been ridden by the pros, it has won a race."
    Last edited by raganwald; 06-23-2012 at 06:23 PM.

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

Well, if more people are on 650b and winning races, I am going to have read posts other than DC's. Now what do I with myself....

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by raganwald View Post
    Watch it for yourself.

http://freecaster.tv/mountainbike/10...nne-men-replay

I think it’s more of a way to overcome an objection. If you want one, and your buddy says, “If they’re so good, how come none of the WC guys ride them?” Now you can say, “Actually, not only has 650b been ridden by the pros, it has won a race."
    More than one race.

mtbr member
    I don't know if I want one, but would like to try a 650b bicycle. Not that anyone here in town will ever get one. Basically got laughed at when I asked about it. Same as 29'ers a few years back - around 2006, asked the lbs here and heard all the reasons why they'll never be around. My ML1 has some cracks in the paint, could turn into a big deal - read- frame breakage, so I am on the prowl for a new ride. Like the Turner, friend w/a shop sells Turner's but he totally drank the 29'er Kool Aid. Also interested in the Intense. Most likely, will get nothing...

just some guy
    Actually, I was kidding. I think the answer, for better or worse, is emphatically Yes, people will most definitely buy a bike if it it keeps racking up world cup wins. If he wins gold at the Olympics they could sell a boatload.

Tso
    mtbr member
    May 2012
    this was in 2010

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Thanks for the great link, will be subscribing. XC racing has stepped up, great race.Nino is a hellava rider, wish he was American. Bottom line , Nino took a chance on 650B, took some guts. Scott seems like a dream company to ride for, they seem to listen to there riders.

dwt
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by talabardio View Post
    Actually, I was kidding. I think the answer, for better or worse, is emphatically Yes, people will most definitely buy a bike if it it keeps racking up world cup wins. If he wins gold at the Olympics they could sell a boatload.
    It would be nice if Scott caught onto the publicity Nino keeps giving them and actually produces and sells 27.5" Scales in 2013. From what I keep reading they are sitting on their hands. And why stop with Scales? How hard would it be for them to design and produce 27.5" Sparks and Genius'? Carbon bikes like those would be easy big sellers,right away.

Adrian Monthomery, if you are still monitoring this forum , kindly let us know what's up? Thx.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?bz4ezw
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

just some guy
    Pretty sure from the other thread that Genius' are on the way.

mtbr member
    Nino is an awesome mtber no matter what size tire he's spinning. I do love the 650b love we are getting from this though. More frames, forks, and tires on the way. Good times.