mtbr member

Nickel 650 B AngleSet?

I have been extremely happy with my modified nickel. To make it perfect I would like to cure a minor front end oversteer issue. I currently have a 32mm 140 Fox fork which was Pushed and works very well but the bike is still a little jittery up front. I was thinking of geting a 1 degree AngleSet headset or equivilant to increase trail in hopes of smoothing things out. Has anyone done something like this?

Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsbike View Post
    I have been extremely happy with my modified nickel. To make it perfect I would like to cure a minor front end oversteer issue. I currently have a 32mm 140 Fox fork which was Pushed and works very well but the bike is still a little jittery up front. I was thinking of geting a 1 degree AngleSet headset or equivilant to increase trail in hopes of smoothing things out. Has anyone done something like this?
    Do you have a straight steerer on that Fox John? I have one slightly used angleset in a drawer, I think it should fit the Nickel if you have a straight steerer.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the offer but I have the tapered steerer tube. Do you still have your nickel or did you move on to the MOJO HD?

Dissolved member
    I moved on to the Mojo HD but the Nickel stayed in the family - it is my wife's bike now. I still like it a lot.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    This is probably what you want. I have a Works Components headset on one of my bikes and love it. It can be a bit tricky to install but follow the directions and use common sense and you shouldn't have an issue.

mtbr member
    I have a Fox 140 (Vanilla in my case) and I have a straight steerer and zero stack HS.
    I was concerned about going to a longer fork - not more travel, just longer a-c.
    What I wonder about is the offset, and if the slow speed handling woudl improve with a fork with more offset.
    My first inclination is to go to a 27.5 Revelation set at 130. I have to account for the stack height of the lower race.

If longer, but not more travel is an option to slacken your HA, you could ( I assume ) get a set of 27.5 fox 32 lowers, which seem to address the clearance at the drop out.
    You would raise the BB, and slacken the seat angle as well, which you wouldn't with the angleset, but you would gain tire clearance and add offset. Just an idea.