mtbr member

This News should make the troll killer (whoever he is) happy!

Remember when the troll killer got all pissed off at me last week about my worrisome comment about Kenda and the 650b Nevegals??? Just who is this mysterious troll killer anyway and why does he always write in the third person?

But I digress.....remember I replied telling him I wrote to kenda after reading Ciclisatgonzo's post and that I also welcomed the troll killer to email me or pm me or even call me (haven't heard from him yet)..........but I did want to share this email response I got back from Kenda this morning, so here you go troll killer and every one else, this is some good news for 650b!

[SIZE=2]"Hi Mark,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]We just presented at Interbike our Nevegal 650b, it will be available in two sizes: 2.10 and 2.35, please be patient a little bit longer, they both should be available January/February………..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Thank you for your interest in Kenda.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Sincerely, [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Stefano [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Bicycles Events and Tech Support[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]American Kenda Rubber"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I figured that would be some cool news to share on a dreary Monday (at least it is dreary here in CT today).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Cheers folks![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Mark[/SIZE]

mnt bike laws of physics
    Thanks Mark. It will be very nice to have an agressive tire in a 2.1 version.

BTW, the troll killer is my alterego

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yogiprophet
    Thanks Mark. It will be very nice to have an agressive tire in a 2.1 version.

BTW, the troll killer is my alterego
    Seriously? If so, hit me with a PM.

I guess Kenda is really interested - I got a second and separate email:

[SIZE=2]Hi Mark,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Thanks for the inquiry and the feedback. [/SIZE][SIZE=2]We appreciate passionate consumer letters like these from riders using our products. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]As you know, Kenda was one of the first tire companies to support this new wheel size. We like the platform and believe in its benefits, so we have chosen to support it. At this point my crystal ball is a bit fuzzy, but if I were to guess, I'd say you'll see other options in the future. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]We've done our part, now we're just hoping the fork manufacturers can follow and support this new size. Kenda spoke with many product managers that want to build a 650B specific bike while at Interbike, but they cited needing a readily-available fork to go into production. Hope you're pestering the suspension guys as well! :^)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Thanks again and keep pushin'![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Regards,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Matthew McClendon[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Kenda USA[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]- Bicycle NA OEM Sales Manager[/SIZE]

Matt even has been following up with me back and forth this morning. Damned cool!

Now..........who was at Interbike Dirt Demo and who spent some Bootleg Canyon ride time on the Beasleys, and or the El Bastardo???

responsible zombie owner
    that is very cool. i like Kenda more already. hope their Small Block 8s do the job for my 69er as the desert is calling...

mnt bike laws of physics
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    Seriously? If so, hit me with a PM.
    No, not really. Where is the tk anyway. Though for sure he would have come out to defend his identity.

Seriously though, I am so happy with my neos, but a 2.1" tire like the Nevagal would be mighty sweet. The only concern I have is that Kenda tires do not play well with sealants like Stan's....voids warrantys and all that crap. Do you have any experience or knowledge about this Mark? Does it really deteriorate the material that Kenda uses?

If so, mabey Kirk will start making a 2.1" Neo....in a tubeless version

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    No, not really. Where is the tk anyway. Though for sure he would have come out to defend his identity.

Seriously though, I am so happy with my neos, but a 2.1" tire like the Nevagal would be mighty sweet. The only concern I have is that Kenda tires do not play well with sealants like Stan's....voids warrantys and all that crap. Do you have any experience or knowledge about this Mark? Does it really deteriorate the material that Kenda uses?

Kenda makes Stan's tires.... you'd think the tires work fine with sealant. Warranty on a tire?

Fwiw, I am working on a 2.1 Neo-Moto. I will look into making it tubeless ready, but I can't promise anything at this point.

Cheers,

KP
    “Those that say it can’t be done should get out of the way of those doing it.”

PacentiCycleDesign

TNC
    noMAD man

Kenda and sealant

Yogi, I've seen Stan's tend to etch the inside of every non-UST tire I've ever seen run with Stan's. By etching I mean a kind of roughness of the inner service of the tire. On the other hand, I've never seen this "eat" up a tire, cause a leak in a tire, or weaken the tire carcass on any brand of tire...and we've run all sorts of brands and models of non-UST tires through our shop with Stan's. I've always thought the Kenda alarm is a much-a-do-about-nothing issue.

mtbr member
    I can't help regarding running tubeless..........never done it.

But I'm all for more tire options that is for sure!

Cheers,

Mark (still wondering who and where the troll killer is/went)

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Very cool on all fronts. I am a big fan of the Nevegals especially in the 26er size. In 29er they are a tad heavy but still awesome tires. I really look forward to their offerings. I like the Quasi but was not happy running it in the rear on the 5" bike. I am greatly looking forward to both options as a rear tire on the Bastardo. I have nearly a half dozen of the Neos right now and am loving every second of them.

Again, the damn fork manufacturers. Now that the bastardo was bumped up to 140mm I am going to switch rockers, not sure if I'll still ride the 130 up front or perhaps switch to a u-turn Pike as --- the wheel fits, just fine...

mnt bike laws of physics
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Pacenti
    Kenda makes Stan's tires.... you'd think the tires work fine with sealant. Warranty on a tire?
    Sure, like a car tire, but because of a flaw. I was racing last year and the Specalized tire i was using tweeked all out of shape. I thought i pulled a spoke out of the rim or something it was so bad. A pro after the race told me it was the tire and that i should take it to the shop to have them warrantee it. I did just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Pacenti
    Fwiw, I am working on a 2.1 Neo-Moto. I will look into making it tubeless ready, but I can't promise anything at this point.
    You will sell many TR 2.1" Neo tires if you decide to make them. That I can guarantee.

emtb.pl
    And I am totaly happy with the 2.3 neo. Still TR 2.3 Neo would be nice. Add a flow650 and we're spot on:P
    PS: still no issues with my most recent tubeless setup (neo+355+olimpic)