Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2013

New Vee Rubber 650B Tires!!! lots of pics

Check them out, they look great!

New Vee Rubber 650B Tires!!! lots of pics-8-side.jpgNew Vee Rubber 650B Tires!!! lots of pics-8-top.jpgNew Vee Rubber 650B Tires!!! lots of pics-8.jpgNew Vee Rubber 650B Tires!!! lots of pics-10.jpgNew Vee Rubber 650B Tires!!! lots of pics-12.jpgNew Vee Rubber 650B Tires!!! lots of pics-flow.jpgNew Vee Rubber 650B Tires!!! lots of pics-fluid.jpgNew Vee Rubber 650B Tires!!! lots of pics-master-blaster.jpgNew Vee Rubber 650B Tires!!! lots of pics-mission-2.3.jpgNew Vee Rubber 650B Tires!!! lots of pics-race-v.jpgNew Vee Rubber 650B Tires!!! lots of pics-speed-r.jpgNew Vee Rubber 650B Tires!!! lots of pics-speedster.jpgNew Vee Rubber 650B Tires!!! lots of pics-xcx.jpg
    http://www.my650b.com/ 650B Tires and Rims

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I've been riding the Trail Takers and like the tires, but had an issue with one. It lost about 5 lugs on the outside edge. I'm pretty sure it was a defective tire.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Can you post pics from a few angles inflated on rims?
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    How do you like these tires? My LBS carries these ones but I have been skeptical in getting them, I wonder why they are half the price of the other ones. Sometimes cheaper is not always better, I like to know my tire is going to hold the line and not just break free sending me out of control into a nice big tree or over a nasty ledge. I don't have a 27.5 bike but that shouldnt matter about the tires they do make them for all sizes 26, 27.5 amd 29 correct?
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

Dissolved member
    Great news, thanks! My Trail Taker has been a champ, cannot wait to try the new AM threads.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    O.K. Here's another thing that I've noticed. I'm onto my second set of tires, and they all have a "Buldge" in them. To the point where it looks like my wheel isn't true. I'm running them tubeless and on brand new rims/wheels. It's completely obvious now since I just bought a new wheel set and put brand new tires on them.
    Anyone else?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mbell View Post
    O.K. Here's another thing that I've noticed. I'm onto my second set of tires, and they all have a "Buldge" in them. To the point where it looks like my wheel isn't true. I'm running them tubeless and on brand new rims/wheels. It's completely obvious now since I just bought a new wheel set and put brand new tires on them.
    Anyone else?
    Sounds like you really don't like Vee Rubber or something... lol seriously I have been riding, racing, on Vee Rubber tires and have had zero issues. In fact they are my fav. tire so far. Maybe you should contact the manufacturer and see if you got the 1 in a 1000 that is got as a manufacturing defect.... ???

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Ok so I have tried the X-C-X on a wheel and let me tell you guys.... This thing is tiny 1.95 The tire looks small to me. What I did find interesting is that I checked out the clearance on 2 frames that have not been able to fit 650B before (Scalpel 2008, and Epic 2004) With this tire I was able to run 650B wheel in the frame no problems. There was actually plenty of room lol so it's really no bigger than any other 26er(wheel/tire combo)

I will try some other tires and give you guys feedback as I go along.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by My650b.com View Post
    Sounds like you really don't like Vee Rubber or something... lol seriously I have been riding, racing, on Vee Rubber tires and have had zero issues. In fact they are my fav. tire so far. Maybe you should contact the manufacturer and see if you got the 1 in a 1000 that is got as a manufacturing defect.... ???

Actually... I really like the tires! I really don't like that I've had some minor issues- I'm just sharing my issues and hoping that it is just uncommon.

By the way- I bought my tires from you and am thoroughly impressed with your prompt delivery and prices. Thanks so much.

When I wear these out, I'll buy my next set from you. (Vee Rubber or not)

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by My650b.com View Post
    lol so it's really no bigger than any other 26er(wheel/tire combo)
    that is quite the statement there....you need to clarify and say that it's no bigger than say for example a 26x2.4 continental mountain king or similarly LARGE 26er tire that you probably wouldn't run on an XC-race scalpel or epic anyways....and keep in mind while the total OD may be the same as the tire i just mentioned, the sidewall is much smaller and flexing alot less which may be favorable to an XC type bike like a scalpel....

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    The medium aggressive trail oriented tires seem kinda on the heavy side in the mid 600gm range, or is it just me?

WE usually roll on XC Pros both 26" and 650B which aren't exactly light (used to run Karmas which were very light).......I was hoping for a reasonably aggressive trail tire in the high 500gm range or low 600s. Something that won't be a broken collar bone waiting to happen on slick roots.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    We have been using the Fluids and Flows in 2.4 here for a few months, they have been GERAT. Really loving the fluid on the front,

They are also nice and big, I believe the Flow is bigger than the trail taker.

I have pics here somewhere that I posted a while back, I'll dig em up again

Link here Vee Rubber Fluid and Flow 2.4 x 650b | Defconcycles

Flow pictured next to Neomoto 2.3

New Vee Rubber 650B Tires!!! lots of pics-veerubber-flow-reduced.jpg
    Defcon Cycles - Brisbane Australia

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by onespeedpaul View Post
    that is quite the statement there....you need to clarify and say that it's no bigger than say for example a 26x2.4 continental mountain king or similarly LARGE 26er tire that you probably wouldn't run on an XC-race scalpel or epic anyways....and keep in mind while the total OD may be the same as the tire i just mentioned, the sidewall is much smaller and flexing alot less which may be favorable to an XC type bike like a scalpel....
    You are absolutely correct in that the X-C-X is a pure narrow light-weight xc race tire suitable for bikes like the scalpel and such. Here is the good and the bad I guess...(just my own opinion)

The good - pretty much any 26er frame/fork will now work with 650B as we have the smaller tires like the Speedster and X-C-X that will make it work.

The Bad - the X-C-X and speedster are narrow, small tires... Just know what they are and what they are made for I guess.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mbell View Post
    Actually... I really like the tires! I really don't like that I've had some minor issues- I'm just sharing my issues and hoping that it is just uncommon.

By the way- I bought my tires from you and am thoroughly impressed with your prompt delivery and prices. Thanks so much.

When I wear these out, I'll buy my next set from you. (Vee Rubber or not)
    Please contact me via e-mail if you bought them from me and I will deal with Vee Rubber to try and sort you out. I stand behind the product I sell and one way or another will make it right for you. The issues you are mentioning are not common nor normal so lets get that fixed for you. Cool?

mtbr member
    Are you planning on adding more of these tires to your website? I've been looking to try the Vee10's or MasterBlaster's. I wish the Vee8's cam in a 2.1 version.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jetboy23 View Post
    Are you planning on adding more of these tires to your website? I've been looking to try the Vee10's or MasterBlaster's. I wish the Vee8's cam in a 2.1 version.
    I am deep in web creation mode as we speak... by the way folks I don't think it's any surprise I really don't know what I am doing when it comes to creating websites lol.... and I thank every one of you that go to my site. Thank you.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    OK I think I have all the new tires updated on the website. Check it out and let me know if there are any problems.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Great job. It looks good to me. I like those Speedster 1.95's for the clearance in the rear of my 650b. Thanks.
    Last edited by doralswheels; 05-12-2013 at 02:38 PM.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Wonder which one's will fit on the rear of my Nickel. I just ripped the sidewall of my Wolverine. The Speed R, FLow andFluis look interesting.

Any one try one on a Nickel yet?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by richulr View Post
    Wonder which one's will fit on the rear of my Nickel. I just ripped the sidewall of my Wolverine. The Speed R, FLow andFluis look interesting.

Any one try one on a Nickel yet?
    I'm not sure what will fit but the speed R is more of a all-round mountain bike tire. the Flow and Fluid are the beefy all mountain/downhill kinda tire. depends what kinda riding you are into.

Considering you where riding the Wolverine I would opt for Speed R, maybe even the Vee 8 2.30

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Thanks for the info. I'm looking at your site and I'll buy from you. Just gotta decide between the Vee 8, Speed R, or the Mission 2.3

I ride in St. Louis. Mostly hard trails but there are some loose rocks. Don't race, just ride trails for fun.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by richulr View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm looking at your site and I'll buy from you. Just gotta decide between the Vee 8, Speed R, or the Mission 2.3

I ride in St. Louis. Mostly hard trails but there are some loose rocks. Don't race, just ride trails for fun.
    If you ride for fun I wold narrow it down to 2 tires.

Speed R (softer compound tire) will grip better (I would ride this tire front and rear wheel)

Vee 8 ( harder compound tire) will not grip as good but should last longer... ( I think this tire is little better suited for rear wheel use)

Mission 2.3 ( harder compound tire ) This is a speed tire, if your mission is to go fast this is it. ( I would use this tire as front tire first, there are other options for rear tire that I would use )

Just my 2 cents, trying to help you out...

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I'll take your advice. You know vastly more than I about these things. Speed R or Vee 8 it is. I may have to flip a coin.

mtbr member
    I just wanted to add, i ordered on Saturday and it looks like delivery will be on Monday. That is quick shipment imo. Free USA shipping as well. Big thumbs up from me so far. I can't wait to try the Vee10's.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast