Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

New Switchback 27.5 frames?

Got a teaser e-mail with a few frame shots, good looking frames. Anyone in here know anything on them yet like travel, materials, etc?
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Hi.

I am the distributor for Switchback in UK/Europe.
    Here some info on the frames, bikes and company:
    29er | 27.5 | Full-Suspension - Switchback Bikes

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Jack

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    The Unveil looks like a Kona Satori front triangle with a FSR - (just like the now defunct hammerhead/thumper brand) - which likely works very well for intended purpose. I have a Satori and it rips - plain and simple - the Satori has shorter chainstays and Kona's design vs the FSR design - but they are "similar" - i believe the rear axl pivot placement is the primary difference in the setup.

The Reveal 7 looks pretty nice... it will need to be proven on the trails as pricewise it doesnt have any distinct advantages over many hot new 275 bikes on the market

Dont take my musings as a negative - I like the small independent business following a passion - and the bikes look decent / intriguing... hope it all works out for them

mtbr member

Reveal7 Frames & Prototype FSR 27.5 Frame

Hey guys....totally missed this thread until now. Great questions/feedback.

The Reveal 7 frames are in production w/ current ready-to-ship (to us) ETA of first week of April. We have been fortunate enough to pre-sell almost all the frames.
    There are 2 Med frames still available....and I can honor the pre-sell price on those at $1,799 ($2,299 MSRP)
    New Switchback 27.5 frames?-reveal7-allblk-logo.jpg

27.5 | Full-Suspension - Switchback Bikes

We are also working on a 27.5 version of the "Thumper" frames that will be produced under the Switchback Brand.
    TwoNin9r's Hammerhead Thumper Build Thread
    HammerHead Thumper, thoughts?
    There is still a good amount of inventory left on the Thumper frames and Switchback is able to honor the warranty on them, per the Manufacturer, so we are running w/ those vs investing in a production run Branded Switchback at this time.

Here's a thread someone started asking whether "switchback will make it" a lot of good info about what Switchback is up to. Feel free to check that out as well Will Switchback bikes make it?

Here is a spy photo of the first 27.5 "Thumper" prototype in existence:
    New Switchback 27.5 frames?-dsc_0201.jpg

We are really close to having sample frames (prototypes w/ paint/graphics) shipping our way....will give updates on those as I receive them.

SPECS (model name will be the Unveil7)
    FSR Suspension Design
    150mm Travel
    6061 Alloy
    Rock Shox Monarch RC3 Plus High-Volume Shock
    Recommended Sag - 30%
    16.9" Chainstays
    67 Degree Head Angle With A 150mm Fork
    Tapered Head Tube
    Inset/Zero Stack Headset; ZS44 Upper, ZS56 Lower
    ISCG Tabs
    73mm English Threaded BB
    31.6 Seatpost
    Dropper-Post Routing; working on Internal routing for production
    Direct-Mount Front Derailleur; working on S3 mount for production
    Full Length Housing Guides; Including Dropper Post
    Post Mount Rear Brake
    12x142 Maxle Rear

New Switchback 27.5 frames?-unveil7-logo.jpg

Thanks, Scott

mtbr member

What Color

Working on a color for the Sample Prototype frames. Anyone want to chime in w/ suggestions? I'm all ears!

Guidelines:
    Paint, not Anodized
    One-color, like the artwork file attached
    One-color decals

Thanks, Scott
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Switchback 27.5 frames?-switchback_unveil7_v1_crop.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I believe a good orange color would be killer -

in males - 18-40, outside of your traditional black and white, Orange has become the most searched color for new vehicles. This from the auto industry - which explains why Toyotas new TRD rpo line is Orange, and Subaru's hottest new color in sales is the orange crosstek xv... i would presume there is a strong link btw mtb'ers and this auto market segment

plus a good orange is a rippin looking color - i.e. solo, tracer, burner, slash...

and than - there's black... a cant go wrong color. maybe offer a graphics/sticker custom option for those that want a unique color?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kamper11 View Post

in males - 18-40, outside of your traditional black and white, Orange has become the most searched color for new vehicles. This from the auto industry - which explains why Toyotas new TRD rpo line is Orange, and Subaru's hottest new color in sales is the orange crosstek xv... i would presume there is a strong link btw mtb'ers and this auto market segment

plus a good orange is a rippin looking color - i.e. solo, tracer, burner, slash...

and than - there's black... a cant go wrong color. maybe offer a graphics/sticker custom option for those that want a unique color?
    @kamper11
    This is great info thank you very much....noted and researching more now!

Thanks, Scott

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Another option would be be to switch the Black and Blue between the frame and the logo.

This bike might go on my short list, do you have an estimated release date and price range?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by betorac View Post
    Another option would be be to switch the Black and Blue between the frame and the logo.

This bike might go on my short list, do you have an estimated release date and price range?
    @betorac kinda like this but with Blk decals?

New Switchback 27.5 frames?-image.jpg

If we could get the alloy frame to production, earliest availability would be Fall 2014. Will have firm pricing once I can get the Prototypes here, but will come in at a lower price point than the "big brands"

If you are referring to the Carbon frame...they are in production & ETA from the manufacturer is currently the 1st week of April
    We have a few still available....$1,799 shipped (in the US) is the pre-book price on them

Feel free to hit me direct if you have more questions as well

Thanks, Scott

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    That actually looks pretty sweet. I wonder if Black decals would "pop" more, and the black would also match the shock. Just a thought.

Yes my questions were regarding the allow version.

mtbr member
    That actually looks pretty sweet. I wonder if Black decals would "pop" more, and the black would also match the shock. Just a thought.

Yes my questions were regarding the allow version.
    Sure will.....I'll have solid pricing info soon....this is the planned model name (in Blk)
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  12.7 KB

mtbr member
    27.5 steel (or ti, or carbon if i have to) hardtail with SS option please. I say this thinking the market for this is slightly more than 0 but what the heck, may as well ask. ;-)
    2015 Trek Farley
    2013 Santa Cruz Superlight 650b
    2013 Santa Cruz Chameleon 650b SS
    2012 Giant Defy (Roadie)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sandyeggo View Post
    27.5 steel (or ti, or carbon if i have to) hardtail with SS option please. I say this thinking the market for this is slightly more than 0 but what the heck, may as well ask. ;-)
    @sandyeggo - may have info to share on this soon

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Switchback Bikes View Post
    @sandyeggo - may have info to share on this soon
    Sweet! I'll be on the lookout!
    2015 Trek Farley
    2013 Santa Cruz Superlight 650b
    2013 Santa Cruz Chameleon 650b SS
    2012 Giant Defy (Roadie)

mtbr member

Thumper 27.5 Prototype Frame

I found images of the 1st sample/prototype frame we received when we were operating under the Hammerhead Brand Name. Here are some images. It wasn't intentional, but when the frame arrived I realized we essentially did a generic "BEER" can graphic/paint version for the frame

I dig it

New Switchback 27.5 frames?-beer-sm.jpg

New Switchback 27.5 frames?-thump650-sm1.jpg

New Switchback 27.5 frames?-thump650-sm2.jpg

New Switchback 27.5 frames?-thump650-sm3.jpg

New Switchback 27.5 frames?-thump650-sm4.jpg

New Switchback 27.5 frames?-thump650-sm8.jpg

New Switchback 27.5 frames?-thump650-sm9.jpg

New Switchback 27.5 frames?-thump650-sm5.jpg

mtbr member

Ordering Prototype Frames

About to place the order for the Unveil7 prototype frames! Have 2 Larges unspoken for....anyone want "IN" as a "field-tester" Special Price For You, Almost Free scott@switchbacksportsgroup.com

Unveil7 ? 29er | 27.5 | Full-Suspension - Switchback Bikes

New Switchback 27.5 frames?-dsc_0201.jpg

Thanks, Scott

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I would take one if it was a Medium.

I looked at the Geo for the Unveal 7 on your website, are those accurate or are they the old Thumper 29er Geometry? They look about right but the Standover caught me off guard. 32.4" for a Medium?

mtbr member

I looked at the Geo for the Unveal 7 on your website, are those accurate or are they the old Thumper 29er Geometry? They look about right but the Standover caught me off guard. 32.4" for a Medium?
    I am getting a couple of XLs built....could have them build another Med....typical manufacturing time is 30-45 days....timing would work good w/ when the shock/forks are available from SRAM
    It is the correct chart.....very possible I made a mistake on standover....32.4 is a lot for a Med...I will double check and correct.

mtbr member

Standover is wrong

Yep, it's wrong...good catch...the standovers listed on the Unveil7 Geo chart are the standovers of the Thumper frames.

I'll get it corrected...and upload the CAD GEO PDF here in case anyone wants to get GEO paralysis by analysis

mtbr member
    Am I the only one thinking the unpainted frame is the way to go? That built prototype looks awesome raw.

What is the TT on a large frame?

mtbr member

Size Large ETT

Quote Originally Posted by reformed roadie View Post
    Am I the only one thinking the unpainted frame is the way to go? That built prototype looks awesome raw.

What is the TT on a large frame?
    Sorry for the late reply....didn't get a notification someone posted in the thread.

New Switchback 27.5 frames?-geo-unveil7-1-.jpg

Unveil7 ? 29er | 27.5 | Full-Suspension - Switchback Bikes

The "RAW" prototype frames will be here very soon....will post up some pics once they are Stateside!

Thanks, Scott

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    If any other folks are with or interested in Switchback's "field-test" group on the Unveil7, send me a private message to compare notes. I think I'm doing a Size Large, Monarch+, Pike, SLX, Reverb build.

It might be reassuring for some to know that they aren't the only folks getting a prototype.
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kamper11 View Post

agreed, using wht grafix as well.

mtbr member

New Switchback 27.5 frames?

Orange frame, Wht graphics, white rear shock, white fork....
    Hhmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast