mtbr member

KVW
    Law abiding citizen
    Kinda late to the game but better late than never and more the merrier.
    "Single track is for pansies!
    I blast down a mountain once, and in my wake, lies a new single track for the rest of you."-sm

mtbr member
    Maybe they'll be the saviors of us "old skoolers," and offer a straight 1"1/8 steerer! Fingers crossed...

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    I am really stoked about this. Been on Manitou since '97 and have never looked back!

Cheers,
    KP
    “Those that say it can’t be done should get out of the way of those doing it.”

Pacenti Cycle Design

The White Jeff W
    If I could get a Marzocchi 44 650b I'd be a pig in sh!t
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by KVW View Post
    Kinda late to the game but better late than never and more the merrier.
    What are you talking about?, late?

just some guy
    The other site I saw said they were 2013 product.

KVW
    Law abiding citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddle Up View Post
    What are you talking about?, late?
    What talabardio said, they plan to release it mid year 2013 while Fox and RS already have their 650b forks selling. Just lost market share potential but like i said, whatever, more the merrier and I agree with SteveF, hope they offer some straight 1/1/8 steerer tube options if Fox and RS doesn't by then.
    "Single track is for pansies!
    I blast down a mountain once, and in my wake, lies a new single track for the rest of you."-sm

mnt bike laws of physics
    I love the damper in my Maitou - Absolute + is the best i've used.
    But the friction in the seals makes me want my Lefty. I wish there was a way to deal with that besides taking the fork apart every month.

bonked
    There was more info on that page last night when I looked at it. There was a photo of the available options chart, but for some reason they pulled it down.

It looks like all of those forks will be available in 1 1/8th straight steerer as well as tapered. All will have 26, 650b and 29er options and each wheel size will have a different offset, with two offsets offered for 29er.

I don't know much about current Manitou forks, so I don't know if I should be excited or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by banks
    That is one big f'n dude!
    Yes I am!

bonked
    this picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Manitou Forks for 650b-2013-manitou-650b-suspension-forks03.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by banks
    That is one big f'n dude!
    Yes I am!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by KVW View Post
    Just lost market share potential
    lol What share potential? With Manitou on board I think there will be more legit fork options than there are tires.

I've read now of..
    Fox F34
    RS Revelation, SID, and Reba
    White Brothers Loop and Groove
    Manitou Marvel
    X-Fusion Velvet, Enix, and Slide
    Magura TS6 and TS8

That's not to mention that most Fox 26er forks already work and there are a handful of RS 26er forks that also work out of the box and also forks that aren't certified 650B but will easily accomodate it like the Maverick forks and Cannondale Lefty.

There will be more forks than any other single specific component soon. How about some tires in the 2.0-2.2 sizes?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IF52 View Post
    There was more info on that page last night when I looked at it. There was a photo of the available options chart, but for some reason they pulled it down.

It looks like all of those forks will be available in 1 1/8th straight steerer as well as tapered. All will have 26, 650b and 29er options and each wheel size will have a different offset, with two offsets offered for 29er.

I don't know much about current Manitou forks, so I don't know if I should be excited or not.
    The question is "Where is the 140 - 160mm option?"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by reformed roadie View Post
    The question is "Where is the 140 - 160mm option?"
    X Fusion Vengeance, on the XF website.

Up to 170mm travel and officially endorsed for 650b wheels. With the quality of the Vengeance I think everyone else can just not bother.

Quite why Manitou have no 140-160mm b-forks when the Minute and Nixon are so good... who knows.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Are you using a Manitou fork with a 650b wheel/tire now? I'm interested in that Marvel and was hoping it'd clear a TL28 & Neo Moto 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Pacenti View Post
    I am really stoked about this. Been on Manitou since '97 and have never looked back!

Cheers,
    KP

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    Are you using a Manitou fork with a 650b wheel/tire now? I'm interested in that Marvel and was hoping it'd clear a TL28 & Neo Moto 2.1
    No, I am using an older Nixon and a newer Minute fork. Neither of these are approved by Manitou, but they clear the tires well enough for me. The Nixon actually fits our Mega-Moto prototypes with no problems.But I am really looking forward to getting a couple new purpose built Manitou forks!

Cheers,
    KP
    “Those that say it can’t be done should get out of the way of those doing it.”

Pacenti Cycle Design

The White Jeff W
    Kirk I'd be interested in hearing more about the tire clearance on the Minute. I'm considering getting one to replace the WB Fluid on my Jamis since the 140mm has nearly identical axle to crown as the 130mm WB
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I just got a new Minute Pro 140 for use on a 650b converted Santa Cruz Nickel I am building up. I currently have a Tower Pro on a Kona Kahuna that is great, the ABS+ damper is awesome.