• 09-06-2012
    carverboy
    New Manitou Forks for 650b
  • 09-07-2012
    KVW
    Kinda late to the game but better late than never and more the merrier. :)
  • 09-07-2012
    SteveF
    Maybe they'll be the saviors of us "old skoolers," and offer a straight 1"1/8 steerer! Fingers crossed...
  • 09-07-2012
    Kirk Pacenti
    I am really stoked about this. Been on Manitou since '97 and have never looked back!

Cheers,
    KP
  • 09-07-2012
    jeffw-13
    If I could get a Marzocchi 44 650b I'd be a pig in sh!t
  • 09-07-2012
    Saddle Up
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KVW View Post
    Kinda late to the game but better late than never and more the merrier. :)

What are you talking about?, late?
  • 09-07-2012
    talabardio
    The other site I saw said they were 2013 product.
  • 09-07-2012
    KVW
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Saddle Up View Post
    What are you talking about?, late?

What talabardio said, they plan to release it mid year 2013 while Fox and RS already have their 650b forks selling. Just lost market share potential but like i said, whatever, more the merrier and I agree with SteveF, hope they offer some straight 1/1/8 steerer tube options if Fox and RS doesn't by then.
  • 09-07-2012
    yogiprophet
    I love the damper in my Maitou - Absolute + is the best i've used.
    But the friction in the seals makes me want my Lefty. I wish there was a way to deal with that besides taking the fork apart every month.
  • 09-07-2012
    IF52
    There was more info on that page last night when I looked at it. There was a photo of the available options chart, but for some reason they pulled it down.

It looks like all of those forks will be available in 1 1/8th straight steerer as well as tapered. All will have 26, 650b and 29er options and each wheel size will have a different offset, with two offsets offered for 29er.

I don't know much about current Manitou forks, so I don't know if I should be excited or not.
  • 09-07-2012
    IF52
    1 Attachment(s)
    this picture
  • 09-07-2012
    GTR-33
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KVW View Post
    Just lost market share potential

lol What share potential? With Manitou on board I think there will be more legit fork options than there are tires.

I've read now of..
    Fox F34
    RS Revelation, SID, and Reba
    White Brothers Loop and Groove
    Manitou Marvel
    X-Fusion Velvet, Enix, and Slide
    Magura TS6 and TS8

That's not to mention that most Fox 26er forks already work and there are a handful of RS 26er forks that also work out of the box and also forks that aren't certified 650B but will easily accomodate it like the Maverick forks and Cannondale Lefty.

There will be more forks than any other single specific component soon. How about some tires in the 2.0-2.2 sizes?
  • 09-07-2012
    reformed roadie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by IF52 View Post
    There was more info on that page last night when I looked at it. There was a photo of the available options chart, but for some reason they pulled it down.

It looks like all of those forks will be available in 1 1/8th straight steerer as well as tapered. All will have 26, 650b and 29er options and each wheel size will have a different offset, with two offsets offered for 29er.

I don't know much about current Manitou forks, so I don't know if I should be excited or not.

The question is "Where is the 140 - 160mm option?"
  • 09-07-2012
    Fix the Spade
    Quote:

Originally Posted by reformed roadie View Post
    The question is "Where is the 140 - 160mm option?"

X Fusion Vengeance, on the XF website.

Up to 170mm travel and officially endorsed for 650b wheels. With the quality of the Vengeance I think everyone else can just not bother.

Quite why Manitou have no 140-160mm b-forks when the Minute and Nixon are so good... who knows.
  • 09-12-2012
    westin
    Are you using a Manitou fork with a 650b wheel/tire now? I'm interested in that Marvel and was hoping it'd clear a TL28 & Neo Moto 2.1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk Pacenti View Post
    I am really stoked about this. Been on Manitou since '97 and have never looked back!

Cheers,
    KP

• 09-13-2012
    Kirk Pacenti
    Quote:

Originally Posted by westin View Post
    Are you using a Manitou fork with a 650b wheel/tire now? I'm interested in that Marvel and was hoping it'd clear a TL28 & Neo Moto 2.1

No, I am using an older Nixon and a newer Minute fork. Neither of these are approved by Manitou, but they clear the tires well enough for me. The Nixon actually fits our Mega-Moto prototypes with no problems.But I am really looking forward to getting a couple new purpose built Manitou forks! :thumbsup:

Cheers,
    KP
  • 09-14-2012
    jeffw-13
    Kirk I'd be interested in hearing more about the tire clearance on the Minute. I'm considering getting one to replace the WB Fluid on my Jamis since the 140mm has nearly identical axle to crown as the 130mm WB
  • 09-19-2012
    DYI01
    I just got a new Minute Pro 140 for use on a 650b converted Santa Cruz Nickel I am building up. I currently have a Tower Pro on a Kona Kahuna that is great, the ABS+ damper is awesome.