Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member

New Devinci Troy - Bike Pics

Hey guys the one thing this forum lacks in is pictures. As such I thought I'd post up some pics of my new Troy. I'll give a ride report after I've had a chance to acccurately set up the suspension and ride the the Troy on varying trail conditions.

Just as an fyi the measured head angle with a 160mm fork is 65.75deg and the bottom bracket height is 13.25".

New Devinci Troy - Bike Pics-troy8.jpg
    New Devinci Troy - Bike Pics-troy-13.jpg
    New Devinci Troy - Bike Pics-troy-9.jpg

mtbr member
    Wow what an awsome bikee

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    sh!tballs, thats awesome
    more bike than I need but it looks light and fast if you ride in allot of chop lol
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

LCW
    mtbr member

New Devinci Troy - Bike Pics

How's she ride? Nice looking for sure!
    2011 Yeti 575 - 2015 Fox Float 36 RC2 160 / Fox Float X - 30.6 lbs

mtbr member
    I just finished my first ride on trails here in the area that are relatively smooth but with some chatter with fast tight corners, some bermed some without. The bike rode great but I'm still trying to get the susension dialed in (I'm really close) and learning where my body needs to be to optimize corning. My next step is to ride on some technically nasty trails to dial in the suspension that much more. Once I get everything dialed I'll write a more detailed ride report with a DHr's trail bike/enduro race slant to it vs. just a trail bike ride report.

One thing I can say for sure is this bike does not need a propedal switch to climb efficiently. With that said I was playing with the climb switch on the double barrel air and all I can say is that little lever is for real and would be a great tool for those bikes that need propedal assistance for climbing. It's not just a compression lock out switch like all of the other shock offerings out there - it just adds an entirely different dimension of shock tune involving rebound control.

mtbr member
    Holy Hannah! That is a sweet build. What does she weigh?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Beautiful, beautiful bike man

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Holy Hannah! That is a sweet build. What does she weigh?
    Thank you for all of the compliments guys. Had my Nomad not been stolen last month I would have never ended up with a bike like this. I guess what some say is true - Good things come out of bad things.

The bike with pedals, as shown in the photos weighs 26.96lbs.

Just as an fyi KRob if it wasn't for your Outer Bike ride report I probably wouldn't have ended up with the Troy - So thank you!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GFreak View Post
    Just as an fyi KRob if it wasn't for your Outer Bike ride report I probably wouldn't have ended up with the Troy - So thank you!
    You're welcome. It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it. I was frankly surprised at how much I liked the Troy. If I were buying it I'd stress a bit about which size to get. The medium felt great for the stand up, bmx, pump track type ride I did on it, but for the long climbs I do here locally I think it might be a bit short and there would be quite a bit of exposed seat post much of the time...... but the large sounds very long at 24.7" Which size did you got with? I saw some discussion on sizing in the other Troy review thread for folks right around six feet.

Hope you get the CCDB air sorted out. It's a great shock, but with all its adjustments it can be set up to perform very poorly too.

Anyway the Troy is a very pretty bike. Really nice lines and with the full carbon and Enve wheels you've caused me to have some serious bike envy. Great photography as well. Did you shoot those?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    You're welcome. It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it. I was frankly surprised at how much I liked the Troy. If I were buying it I'd stress a bit about which size to get. The medium felt great for the stand up, bmx, pump track type ride I did on it, but for the long climbs I do here locally I think it might be a bit short and there would be quite a bit of exposed seat post much of the time...... but the large sounds very long at 24.7" Which size did you got with? I saw some discussion on sizing in the other Troy review thread for folks right around six feet.

Hope you get the CCDB air sorted out. It's a great shock, but with all its adjustments it can be set up to perform very poorly too.

Anyway the Troy is a very pretty bike. Really nice lines and with the full carbon and Enve wheels you've caused me to have some serious bike envy. Great photography as well. Did you shoot those?
    It's funny that you brought up sizing - I"m 5'-8" and was concerned about what size to get after reviewing the geo chart thinking I may need to go to a small. My bike shop recommended that I go with a medium which I'm glad I did as it fits me very nicely, giving me a little more room compared to my Nomad. I personally think that Devinci's published geo numbers are wrong because the TT and reach measurements indicate that a medium would be a size large with other manufactures.

The shop that built my bike takes pictures of custom builds and posts them on their website and facebook.

They also built up a really nice Dixon last week who's photos are now posted: Fanatik Bike Co. - Bellingham Wa - Intense, Turner, Ibis, Santa Cruz, Morewood, Evil, Cannondale, Norco, Felt, Surly...

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    wow what a bike! Can you please post the full specs.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    GFreak, you're right about the troy geo chart.
    I took a tape measure to a medium trop at my local bike shop, and the effective top tube was around a little more than a half inch shorter than the geo chart says. I thought looking at the chart that I'd be ok on a medium at 5'11.5", but when I was pedaling around, I felt a little too cramped. The height sizing guide on the website does say at my height, I should be on a large.

jrm
    mtbr member
    any idea what the WB is? TIA
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

mtbr member
    Per request here's the build:

Rear Shock: Cane Creek DB Air CS
    Fork: Rock Shox Pike RCT3 Solo Air 160 27.5"
    Wheels: ENVE AM/Industry Nine Torch Classic/DT Swiss Aerolite
    Cranks: Raceface Next SL w/ DM 34T Ring
    Pedals: Twenty6 Predator Ti
    Derailleur/Cassette/Shifter/Chain: SRAM XX1
    Seatpost: Rock Shox Reverb Stealth
    Seat: WTB Devo Carbon
    Handlebar: ENVE DH
    Stem: Raceface Atlas 50mm
    Brakes: Shimano XTR Trail 203mm Front / 180mm Rear
    Tires: Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.25" SS TSC
    Upper Chainguide: Csixx
    Grips: ODI Ruffian Lockon
    Last edited by GFreak; 11-07-2013 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Addition to build

mtbr member
    The wheelbase is 45" on the nose and the chain stay length is as published on the website.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Absolutely gorgeous build, congrats. Building something very similar in a Mach 6 right now. Also coming from a bike theft that forced the upgrade. Hopefully I will see it in person somewhere around the NW!

mtbr member

Re: New Devinci Troy - Bike Pics

Quote Originally Posted by GFreak View Post
    Per request here's the build:

Rear Shock: Cane Creek DB Air CS
    Fork: Rock Shox Pike RCT3 Solo Air 160 27.5"
    Wheels: ENVE AM/Industry Nine Torch Classic/DT Swiss Aerolite
    Cranks: Raceface Next SL w/ DM 34T Ring
    Pedals: Twenty6 Predator Ti
    Derailleur/Cassette/Shifter/Chain: SRAM XX1
    Seatpost: Rock Shox Reverb Stealth
    Seat: WTB Devo Carbon
    Handlebar: ENVE DH
    Stem: Raceface Atlas 50mm
    Brakes: Shimano XTR Trail 203mm Front / 180mm Rear
    Tires: Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.25" SS TSC
    Upper Chainguide: Csixx
    Grips: ODI Ruffian Lockon
    Great bike. What is the weight?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Saw that bike on vital, if I had the $$ it would be tough to top that build, very, very nice.

How does it climb with the 160 fork? are you using travel adjust a lot?

Congrats on a rad build.

mtbr member
    Sounds like you and I need to go bike thief hunting together!

The Mach 6 was the other bike I was looking at although the decision was made easy for me when I learned my shop stopped carrying Pivot. Nonetheless there are so many great bikes out there these days I think it's hard to pick the wrong bike.

I hope to see you on the trails as well, maybe if you go with the Mach 6 we can switch bikes for a bit.

mtbr member
    The weight is 26.96lbs as pictured.

The bike climbs well with the 160mm fork. I'm coming from a Nomad with a custom 2 degree angleset and 170mm fork so I've adjusted my climbing style to compensate climbing on slack bikes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I would enjoy that. I stop by your bike shop just about every time I am up in Bellingham for a kids soccer or baseball tournament, but I have not ridden the trails up there. Dumb, I know...well worth a 90 minute drive up. Pretty spoiled in Issaquah with the great trails around here.

mtbr member
    I actually live in Kirkland, I bet we've seen each other on the trails and not known it.

Monkey Wrench
    Dec 2005
    Devinci has improperly published geo numbers - There should be properly measured numbers released very soon...
    I have several pending sales on Troys right now, waiting on that info...I'll post as soon as I hear back from them.
    Speaking of which - next shipment should be ready mid-December - who else wants one?
    Let me fix your bike @ ordinarybicycle.net in Louisville, CO

mtbr member
    I just bought one of these beauties, waiting for my new mail order bride to make it through customs. I will say that my build will be incredibly similar to GFreak's build. As far as fit or geo numbers, it was a bit strange on paper. Longer top tube, but a good reach. With a 70mm stem, the fit will be spot on for me at 5-11.

mtbr member
    Right On! Please post pictures.

Btw pulpwoody, nice review on the Troy in the "Canadian Bike" forum - After having 4 rides on my bike I think you were spot on with your review.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast