Go ride!
    Dec 2011

New all black 650b forks now in stock

Our most common request over the past year was for black 650b forks. We passed on this message to every manufacturer and finally have a wide selection of black forks in stock. Here is a quick run through of what is available.

Fox: Although the Talas was always available in black there were still plenty of requests for black Floats. Here is the full range of 2014 650b Floats (check the product page pull down menus for color options as not all images are available yet).
    650b / 27.5"

Rock Shock: Someone really listed this year when we repeated told them the Revelation RCT3 should have been black. Rock Shox has stepped it up with a full line of all black forks (including the stanchions) although the dual position fork will be all white with black stanchions. There are lots of new forks on the way but here is what we have in stock.
    RockShox Pike RCT3 Black Tapered 650b / 27.5" Solo Air Fork - Pro Bike Supply
    2014 RockShox SID XX 650B/27.5 Solo Air Tapered MotionControl-DNA Xloc Fork - Pro Bike Supply

We had a chance to spend some time on the new Pike and this is one very impressive fork. See below for pictures of the 150mm (1884g) and 160mm (1874g) versions.

X-Fusion: The Velvet still continues to be one of the best forks for the money which has made it very difficult to keep in stock but we have a decent selection available now. We were also able to get some Special Edition 650b Velvets that are on sale this weekend only.
    X-Fusion Velvet RL2 26" / 650b/27.5" 100/120/140mm Fork - Pro Bike Supply
    X-Fusion Velvet RL2 15mm Thru Axle Tapered 650b/27.5" Fork - Pro Bike Supply

Feel free to email me with any questions at mark@probikesupply.com. I am always available to answer questions and help with custom builds (mention that you saw this on MTBR and I will be sure to give you an additional discount).

New all black 650b forks now in stock-img_6663.jpgNew all black 650b forks now in stock-img_6667.jpgNew all black 650b forks now in stock-img_6674.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Cool, thanks for posting. Any word on the availability of the new 650B X-Fusion Sweep?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    This is good news IMO. I've been frustrated by the white fork overload from Fox and RS.

Still not sure I'm digging the black stanchion look on the Pike but not a deal breaker. Now, the silver/gray color on the lower legs of that Velvet is really nice. Hope they make that an available color on the Sweep....if it ever shows up.

Now, what would be helpful is if you could provide the A/C measurement of each fork on your web site. Vital information for many buyers that the manufacturers don't always readily provide and then people like me get all in a tither over it.

mtbr member
    Is the SID only available with tapered steerertube? A SID XX World Cup would be great :-P

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mads Kock View Post
    Is the SID only available with tapered steerertube? A SID XX World Cup would be great :-P
    I second this request. Looking for an all black SID with straight 1 1/8 steerer to fit on a Ritchey P-650b

Go ride!
    Dec 2011
    Looked all over and can't find a SID or Reba 650b fork with a straight steer which means that X-Fusion is the only option. We have a few 1-1/8th 15mm left in white and after those sell out it may be a long time until more are available, if they ever do become available again.

Although the black 1-1/8th 15mm is still a current model, X-Fusion is focusing their production on higher demand forks (taper 15mm).

I will follow up on the Sweep availability on Monday and get back to everyone.

mtbr member
    Thanks man :-)

mtbr member
    White Brothers LOOP is available with a straight 1 1/8th steerer. Available in black or white. Great fork, too...

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveF View Post
    White Brothers LOOP is available with a straight 1 1/8th steerer. Available in black or white. Great fork, too...
    Good call! Only real strike against the Loop might be the weight for XC use? The fork comes in either a 80/100/120 version or a 130/140/150 version all available with straight or taper and black or white. My tapered 150 with a 10" uncut steerer tube and axle weighs 4.25lbs on the nose. I'm guessing the short travel version with it's shorter stanchions and a straight steerer should be under 4lbs.

New all black 650b forks now in stock-img_0106.jpg

Go ride!
    Dec 2011
    Thanks for reminding me about the Loop. We have it available in Black 1-1/8th 15mm in 100 and 150mm. I can also get it in 120mm. Retail on this fork is $695. Email me directly at mark@probikesupply.com if you are interested in purchasing this fork.

mtbr member
    Any word yet on sweep availability?

Go ride!
    Dec 2011
    Finally got a date back from X-Fusion and they expecting them in on September 24th. I do't know how many we will be receiving so pre-ordering is recommend.
    X-Fusion Sweep RL2 650b / 27.5" Trail / Enduro Fork - Pro Bike Supply

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Bike Supply View Post
    Finally got a date back from X-Fusion and they expecting them in on September 24th. I do't know how many we will be receiving so pre-ordering is recommend.
    X-Fusion Sweep RL2 650b / 27.5" Trail / Enduro Fork - Pro Bike Supply
    any update to this date?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk77 View Post
    any update to this date?
    Not even Santa has any idea...
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I don't care what color you choose, but know....According to Al Sharpton white forks is racist!
    The Truth will set you free.

Go ride!
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk77 View Post
    any update to this date?
    These are in stock and shipping. Email me at mark@probikesupply.com if you would like to order one.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    [QUOTE=Pro Bike Supply;10883915]These are in stock and shipping. Email me at mark@probikesupply.com if you would like to order one.[/QUOTE

To late now, I purchased a used fox 34 last night.. your website should be updated.. I would have bought that fork. Bummer..

~~~~~~~~
    funny that when you go to the pro bike website the x-fusion isn't listed but that posted link gets you there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    This is good news IMO. I've been frustrated by the white fork overload from Fox and RS.

Now, the silver/gray color on the lower legs of that Velvet is really nice. Hope they make that an available color on the Sweep....if it ever shows up.

N
    Got that very fork on my Mojo HD (bought from PBS and Mark no less). Matches the Grey quite nice!

just some guy
    I'm interested in a black 2014 Magura TS8 R 100mm, M15 axle with tapered steer tube.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Any idea if Rock Shox plans to do a world cup version of the SID in 650b/27.5?

mtbr member
    A 130mm version of the Pike would be awesome too!

Go ride!
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzitsmyUSofwtvr View Post
    Any idea if Rock Shox plans to do a world cup version of the SID in 650b/27.5?
    I would imagine that they are not going to do it until hardtail 27.5 frames are more prevalent. They need one or two of the major brands to spec a WC fork in order to reach the volume necessary to put it into production.

Go ride!
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey j View Post
    A 130mm version of the Pike would be awesome too!
    I am not 100% sure but I believe RS already has a 130mm air shaft or complete air spring assembly for the Pike. With install you are probably looking at $100. Email me at mark@probikesupply.com if you would like to order the 130mm conversion.