mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Neo Moto 2.3 availability

I am having a hard time finding the Neo Moto 2.3.
    I ordered one from Competitive Cyclist and it sounds like they cannot get them anymore.
    Here was there response..............

Thank you for your order with Competitive Cyclist. We apologize for the delay in shipping your order. The Pacenti Neo-Moto 650B on your order is no longer in stock and we do not expect to receive any more this season. We are removing the item from your order. If there are other items on your order they will ship shortly.

The Competitive Cyclist Team

mtbr member
    Keep an eye on "Bikelugs.com" -Pacenti's new(old) distibutor(Merry Sales).....or check in with sixfifty.com

SixFifty
    Last edited by Morpheous; 09-03-2012 at 05:18 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Hammerhead bikes website shows 1 in stock. That's where I got mine. Looks like they also have a couple other tires too in stock.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Thanks for the links. Looks like I better grab one while I can !!
    I thought the 650b was going to be easier to get. It appears it is going the other way.
    I hope this tire stays in production.

mtbr member
    got mine from hammerhead bikes. website said none in stock but when i called they actually had some. shipped that same day, good price too.
    HuRa
    architecture and interior design
    website facebook

Down South Yooper
    I've got a pair of 2.3's with 5 miles on them that I'd gladly trade for a pair of 2.1's or quasi-motos, clearance on my tandem (especially the rear) is tight. I'd do 1 for 1 also..

Plum
    This post is in 3B, three beers and it looks good eh!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Ordered from Pro Bike Supply this morning and they've already shipped the order! Can't wait to try out the 2.3 Neo Motos. Glad I saw this thread! thanks to all those above for the info!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Anyone know where to get Neo Moto 2.1's, they seem to be impossible to find.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Pro Bike Supply may have them. Mention MTBR in the comments and you get two 650b tubes which I find great for spares on the 26er, 650b and 29er. And road bike! One sized tube, all bikes covered in emergencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo1 View Post
    Anyone know where to get Neo Moto 2.1's, they seem to be impossible to find.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Thanks Westin, Pro Bike don't have them so I'll keep on browsing.

Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
    Any LBS can get them from Merry Sales Co. in SF, CA.

Cheers,
    KP
    “Those that say it can’t be done should get out of the way of those doing it.”

Pacenti Cycle Design

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Pacenti View Post
    Any LBS can get them from Merry Sales Co. in SF, CA.

Cheers,
    KP
    What about BTI USA?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Cheers Kirk, I will be able to complete my MojoSl 650b build when I get them.
    Stan's rims,Hope hubs with your 2.1 on rear and 2.3 on front. Can't wait.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    ^ I just ordered a set from Bikeman on Friday, I am hoping to have them later this week.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    My Bikeman order was a success. They just arrived today. After reading this thread I was afraid I was going to get an email saying they were on back order or something.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Did you manage to get 2.1's or just 2.3's ? The Bikeman site indicates nil stock for both sizes.
    Merry Sales have none until shipment in November.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Only the 2.3's. When I ordered them it looked as if they didn't have them on hand but could get them through a distributer so I'm not sure how accurate the website is. I expected it to take longer to get them. Now I just need the wheels to come in...so close.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I take that back. The website now clearly says the 2.3 is out of stock which wasn't the case when I ordered mine. It said "ships in 2-3 days" or something to that effect.

www.derbyrims.com
    Earlier today Amazon.com listed 1 Neo-moto 2.3 available for $80 + $15 shipping.

That's more than motorcycle dirt tires. I'm looking forward to the coming competition in 650b tire manufactures which should drop the price back down to a fair price for working people, of $30 - $50 per tire MSRP, and frequent discounts of 25 to 50%.

Riding Neo-Moto's for nearly 5 years, I've never bought for higher than a $50 discounted price from the long time $59 MSRP, usually $40 to $45 per tire, until this summer. I guess the rush from manufacturers and magazines to evaluate 650b has jacked the price and killed availability.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Fall 2011 I was buying 2.3 NM at 38 dollars apiece brand new on ebay. Now paying 59 dollars a piece is not the same good feeling, ha.