bike addict
    Jan 2004

my 2013 enduro race machine: SantaCruz Bronson C

just put her together friday night. maiden voyage today under foggy PNW-esque conditions.

revelation 27.5, sram bits, xtr brakes. enve/hadley/sapim wheelset.

27.8lbs as pictured

mtbr member
    Wow! That is a sweet rig!
    2013 Santa Cruz Solo C
    2013 Santa Cruz Chameleon 650b SS
    2012 Giant Defy (Roadie)

mtbr member
    Well, you won't need any lights to be seen in the fog.

How stiff is the Revelation? I am debating on getting it or waiting for a X-fusion Sweep.

mtbr member
    Suhhh
    Weeeet

mtbr member
    Great looking ride.
    2013 SC Tallboy LTc
    2011 SC Tallboy C
    2010 Jackal
    2012 Heckler

GMM
    mtbr member
    Gorgeous bike! Would you mind commenting on how it rides compared to your Tallboy?

bike addict
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by reformed roadie View Post
    How stiff is the Revelation? I am debating on getting it or waiting for a X-fusion Sweep.
    It depends on how gnarly your trails are. that said, there is some noticeable flex throwing it into rutty and rooty corners. also feel it when on the gas popping out of a corner. my riding style is fairly influenced by my dh and moto riding. i tend to enter corners pretty hot, slightly forward weight biased, looking for anything (berm, rock, root) to push off. the rear end of the bike, carbon enves, 142 TA was rock solid, as reference. the front isn't noodle-y, just noticeable. i'm planning on jumping to the pike or bos deville as it becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by GMM View Post
    Gorgeous bike! Would you mind commenting on how it rides compared to your Tallboy?
    I almost had to relearn how to ride, being that i had been trail riding the tallboy for 6months now. i will echo what everyone says, the 27.5 feels like riding 26s. similar poppy-ness, flickability. i way oversteered a handful of hot corners on the bronson today. with a 29r, despite the increased contact patch, you have to compensate with more front biased weight and lean angle, to get the bike to rail. not so with the 27.5. that monster truck feeling was less, but probably offset by the fact i'm running more travel with the bronson than the 29r TB. maintenance of speed was on par with 29r. once up to speed, i could hold as high of a gear as i did with the 29r.

acceleration from standstill or slow pace was better, but again, may be the wheel size but i'm sure the light weight of the Enve's played a big part in the improvement.

All in all, the impression is overwhelmingly positive, despite my bias. the trail i rode today wasn't at all technical, just an easy sunday cruise. once i get some more mileage and a few enduro races i will comment further.

GMM
    mtbr member
    Thanks for the feedback.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chillindrdude View Post
    It depends on how gnarly your trails are. that said, there is some noticeable flex throwing it into rutty and rooty corners. also feel it when on the gas popping out of a corner. my riding style is fairly influenced by my dh and moto riding. i tend to enter corners pretty hot, slightly forward weight biased, looking for anything (berm, rock, root) to push off. the rear end of the bike, carbon enves, 142 TA was rock solid, as reference. the front isn't noodle-y, just noticeable. i'm planning on jumping to the pike or bos deville as it becomes available.
    Thanks! Appreciate the info. I think it may be better for me with the travel at 130mm, but it would be nice to have something stouter. My Fox 32 Vanilla isn't cutting it in the stiffness dept.