mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Mountain Cycles Zen 1 650b conversion ... Anyone done it?

Title says it all...anyone riding or have ridden a Mountain Cycles Zen converted to 650b?

Thinking of picking one up...but am clueless.

Some expert help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Boonie

Sail On!
    I used to own one and I tried to fit the rear but no go too tight. Worked great as a front only and I rode that bike to its grave. Mangled the rear triangle pretty light chainstays. RIP

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Waterat Pat...too snug on tire width or the circumference of the tire/ heighth in the rear? No way that even Quasi Motos at 2.1 or Vee Rubber Missions at 2.0 would work on the rear?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

zen

I run 2.2 Geax front & rear 650b you would have to grind the rear triangle brace

Sail On!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boonie21 View Post
    Waterat Pat...too snug on tire width or the circumference of the tire/ heighth in the rear? No way that even Quasi Motos at 2.1 or Vee Rubber Missions at 2.0 would work on the rear?
    Yep it has a seatstay bridge that is tight even with a 26" xc tire. Don't be discouraged though just ride it 650B up front and you will get 70% of the benefit. This was one of my favorite bikes especially after I swapped the shock out for a RP23.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    How much of the bridge can be safely "ground down?". My Geax 26/2.3 is Barrow Mtn right at the line.

I have 05 zen