mtbr member

Moots Gristle Build

Hey all, I've just put in an order for a new Gristle (69er) YBB from Moots and I'm wondering about Fork and Wheel choices for the build. I don't have much experence with the different sized wheels and am asking for suggestions as to what wheels/fork to use. I'll be running full XTR for parts, and currently I'm using Mavic SLR's on my race bike, I like the centerlock rotor, tublessness and lightness, but the SLR's don't goto 29. What would you suggest fro durabiltiy and lightweight??

For a fork I'm drawn to the DT for extra weight savings, but my Fox unit has served me well, any opionions on 29er forks??

I spec'ed the Gristle with slider dropouts and think it'll fit a 650 rear wheel, Should I think about running it 29/650b? How would this configuration change the ride?

Fatback
    The Gristle was a favorite of mine at both last year and this year's Demo Days at the show. My preference for a fork is the Reba with pushlock, only because I like to stand and climb locked out without having to let go of the bars. For wheels, if weight is your first concern, I'd build up the Stans Arch or Flow rims (one or both of these are available in 650b, or soon to be) on your favorite hubs. I'm using Crossmax 29's and love them, but they are not light, just bomber. The 650b rear wheel will raise your bb on an already high bb in my opinion, and steepen the angles slightly. Either way it's a sweet ride. Nobody does ti better.
    Speedway Cycles owner http://fatbackbikes.com

blet drive
    for forks check out the m29air from rst http://rstmtbstore.com/m29-a.html
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.