• 02-22-2013
    limba
    Moots 650B YBB with new Mavic Wheels.
  • 02-22-2013
    JMac47
    1 Attachment(s)
    Drool.....
    Attachment 774422
    UncontrolliBlee.....
  • 02-22-2013
    talabardio
    Now that is nice. I don't love curvy tubes all that much but being a long-time YBB owner, I bet it is a sweet ride. Just a year ago or so Jon was all anti-650b; how times change!
  • 02-22-2013
    pedalmunky
    Noice! Looks like Mavic isn't missing the boat this time. I like the understated debut at NAHBS, too.
  • 02-22-2013
    JMac47
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by talabardio View Post
    Just a year ago or so Jon was all anti-650b; how times change!


    Resistance is futile.....
  • 02-22-2013
    Kristinka
    The Fox looks like a new XC 100mm fork for 2014 as well.
  • 02-22-2013
    limba
    1 Attachment(s)
    I'm not into the bend tubes/post either but I'm sure it has an awesome ride. This looks better to me.
    Yes, I'm derailing my own thread.

    Attachment 774584
  • 02-23-2013
    SteveF
    I like curved tubes when they're functional, or even aesthetic when it's appropriate. (ie, a cruiser-styled bike with flowing lines)

    Note the difference in the ratio of seat tube to exposed seatpost between these frames. The softail shock requires a longer seattube for the shock mount and the curved top tube gives back some standover clearance. My 650b Curtlo softail is the same...a guy my height has to have some love for curved top tubes because standover is often a concern.

    Not a fan of wheels with proprietary parts personally, but it's nice to see another major player producing 650b goods!
  • 02-23-2013
    apat13
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SteveF View Post
    Not a fan of wheels with proprietary parts personally, but it's nice to see another major player producing 650b goods!

    Agreed, but mavic stuff is usually pretty bombproof. Overbuilt I would say compared to a lot of the stuff out there. Nice to see mavic going into production with 650b...now if only they would start making their rims wider.
  • 02-23-2013
    talabardio
    I can't make out, who is it by? Hey is that in integrated seatpost - no dropper on there!
  • 02-23-2013
    ohpossum
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by talabardio View Post
    I can't make out, who is it by? Hey is that in integrated seatpost - no dropper on there!

    Mosaic :: Handcrafted Bespoke Bicycles :: Home

    Purty!
  • 02-26-2013
    Trail Wizard
    [The Kids in the Hall]"I'm crushing your front triangle! I'm crushing your front triangle! I crush it!"[/The Kids in the Hall]
  • 02-26-2013
    mtnbiker4life
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by talabardio View Post
    Now that is nice. I don't love curvy tubes all that much but being a long-time YBB owner, I bet it is a sweet ride. Just a year ago or so Jon was all anti-650b; how times change!

    That's correct, because I called them about 18 months ago and they stated they would not support that wheel size even as a custom frame. In my opinion, Moots blows......
  • 02-26-2013
    talabardio
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mtnbiker4life View Post
    That's correct, because I called them about 18 months ago and they stated they would not support that wheel size even as a custom frame. In my opinion, Moots blows......

    Yeah me too... I went with Kish. Look up '650b' on the forums on the Moots website, hilarious.